The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    This seems like a neat solution to a flat surface, but how does it work on a rounded surface, like say the front strap of a pistol grip?
    Front strap checkering can be done with a long cutter and a fixture that rotates and holds the frame. I have a rotary table for rotating a workpiece on the mill, but I don't think that's ideal for doing checkering. That process is very intimidating to me.

CF Best.jpeg

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Front strap checkering can be done with a long cutter and a fixture that rotates and holds the frame. I have a rotary table for rotating a workpiece on the mill, but I don't think that's ideal for doing checkering. That process is very intimidating to me.

View attachment 311472
    Did you speak for this from Allen?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Did you speak for this from Allen?

I did not. The last time I looked at it he had an asking price on it.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County

View attachment 311472
    I was half expecting a response like "that's what a dremel is for." But instead, you respond with honesty and vulnerability. You're really taking this machine work very seriously ... good for you! And good for us in the long run.

So, to continue with the real machine work discussion, what surfaces do you see this sort of line work to be applied to? I'm just not seeing applications for it.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I was half expecting a response like "that's what a dremel is for." But instead, you respond with honesty and vulnerability. You're really taking this machine work very seriously ... good for you! And good for us in the long run.

So, to continue with the real machine work discussion, what surfaces do you see this sort of line work to be applied to? I'm just not seeing applications for it.
    Slide top serrations and rear face of sights. I used this method when I made the rear sight for the Sar K12 that I recently sold. Which happened to match the serrations on the hammer pretty damn well.

1699799300150.png

1699799330817.png

1699799389735.png

20231026_235512.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    If I could snap my fingers right now, I'd be an established gunsmith and doing that as a full-time career, with metal art mixed in there too (though I don't think Etsy is the correct platform for me). The majority of what I want to do is offered by Evolution Armory, though I don't have much interest in the refinishing side of things (except bead blasting stainless steel).

https://www.evolutionarmory.com/services

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Classifieds have been interesting today, a great deal on an old 586, a P225, and now a Ronin 9mm Commander length.
    Yeah, had I not made a few purchases recently, including a 1911 not too long ago, I'd probably be checking out that Ronin. Still got a little bit of an itch for a Commander, but not sure I'd keep both 1911's in the stable as it's a "just because" gun.

The Echelon I'm thinking may be my FNS gun once I get some additional mags and an optic for it.

That said, going into this year, I've never owned an SA firearm and now I have 4.

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Yeah, had I not made a few purchases recently, including a 1911 not too long ago, I'd probably be checking out that Ronin. Still got a little bit of an itch for a Commander, but not sure I'd keep both 1911's in the stable as it's a "just because" gun.

The Echelon I'm thinking may be my FNS gun once I get some additional mags and an optic for it.

That said, going into this year, I've never owned an SA firearm and now I have 4.
    I took my Echelon out the other day and had some fun with it, glad I bought that one. I'm finishing up my Ronin 10mm project, that Ronin would be nice but he was pretty adamant about not shipping, not sure why. I've had good luck with some previous purchases by just telling them drop it off at your dealer of choice and i'll take care of the shipping and transfer, should be even easier than arranging a FTF!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom