The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Thanks, guys. There are several of us in this thread. As the old saying goes: "some gave all, all gave some"
    I gave them almost (5) years.

This is a cherished photo that my father took of mom and I in early 1972.

i-6VNVgZ7-M.jpg
    You certainly favor your Mother. She couldn't deny you!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I don't "hate" them, just not a fanboi. This is my first and only holosun and it works fine. Will I buy another? Possibly but i highly doubt it. The thing that drives me batsh!t crazy is seeing them on a high end firearm. Its like putting hubcaps on a Ferrari or a Burris sweet 22 on a Vudoo. If you have the $ for the high end firearm, why cheapout on the sight? Save your pennies a little longer and get one that compliments the firearm. I guess Im to much of a picky F'er for my own good in some eyes but I'm ok with that. To each their own. They're just not my first, second, or third choice..
    I feel the same way.
    I don’t have any holosuns and have no plans to but have many friends who have them and they get along.
    I see it in rifle scopes. Some are out there that are absolutely a very good value for the money but still not all that great to my eye. I’ve wondered before if I’m too picky, and then decide, no.

* walks away with nose in the air

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Mill action today. Installed a chip guard found on Amazon for $22. Smells like rubber.

Got a pair of 3/8-40 taps in the mail. Made in USA. Modified one to cut 40 LPI serrations in the mill. Got lucky and it fit right into my 3/8 collet. Have to say, even under 3x magnification, I'm pretty impressed. Looks like around .015 - .020" depth of cut gives a nice look.

20231111_141918.jpg
    20231111_170452.jpg
    20231111_174422.jpg

Ignore the side without the hole. I screwed up and the workpiece slipped while cutting. I didn't have it installed on a parallel and it twisted.

20231111_174950.jpg
    20231111_175253.jpg

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Dear millennial, he didn’t want money. :lmfao:
    One of the funniest things I remember is me and a partner were standing around and this private came up and said something dumb in their usual private fashion so my partner told him to beat your face, he looked perplexed for a moment and in my head i'm thinking 'don't do it' but he did, he proceeded to start hitting himself in the face.

(edit: for non-military-beat your face is supposed to mean just do push up.)

Last edited:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    One of the funniest things I remember is me and a partner were standing around and this private came up and said something dumb in their usual private fashion so my partner told him to beat your face, he looked perplexed for a moment and in my head i'm thinking 'don't do it' but he did, he proceeded to start hitting himself in the face.
    Basic training was good times. Fond memories.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Mill action today. Installed a chip guard found on Amazon for $22. Smells like rubber.

Got a pair of 3/8-40 taps in the mail. Made in USA. Modified one to cut 40 LPI serrations in the mill. Got lucky and it fit right into my 3/8 collet. Have to say, even under 3x magnification, I'm pretty impressed. Looks like around .015 - .020" depth of cut gives a nice look.

View attachment 311391
    View attachment 311392
    View attachment 311393

Ignore the side without the hole. I screwed up and the workpiece slipped while cutting. I didn't have it installed on a parallel and it twisted.

View attachment 311394
    View attachment 311396
    This seems like a neat solution to a flat surface, but how does it work on a rounded surface, like say the front strap of a pistol grip?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom