The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Back home after babysitting 3 different car dealerships in case anything went wrong. It was a nothing day but I did get paid well
    I also went to 3 dealerships today, but with my daughter to narrow down her interests in order to look at getting her into something new(er) potentially as she's now living back at home to finish up her speech pathology Grad school practicums at a school and then a nursing home for the next several months.

She has our old Honda pilot with 210k on it currently.

Looking at something that we can get now but she can afford once she's out of working 40 hours a week for free (while we also pay tuition). She test drove 4 different vehicles from 3 different makes to get a feel.

Going back to one tomorrow to see if we can work a good end of year deal on a couple we looked at. If not, we can hold for a bit, and it was still good to have her get an idea of a few options and put them in order in her brain.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    I also went to 3 dealerships today, but with my daughter to narrow down her interests in order to look at getting her into something new(er) potentially as she's now living back at home to finish up her speech pathology Grad school practicums at a school and then a nursing home for the next several months.

She has our old Honda pilot with 210k on it currently.

Looking at something that we can get now but she can afford once she's out of working 40 hours a week for free (while we also pay tuition). She test drove 4 different vehicles from 3 different makes to get a feel.

Going back to one tomorrow to see if we can work a good end of year deal on a couple we looked at. If not, we can hold for a bit, and it was still good to have her get an idea of a few options and put them in order in her brain.
    Keep driving the pilot, it's just getting broke in.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My 2017 silverado has 61k on it. Still a baby. I'll keep it for a long time. The Mrs is next on new cars...but she has to stop messing up the outside and the kids have to stop messing up the inside.
    Yeah, my wife got the last one when my daughter totaled the corolla she was driving in 2018 and got handed down the Pilot.

I'm driving my 2007 FJ (145k or so on it) and plan to keep doing so, as that's not a vehicle I'm going to hand down to my daughter. I'd love to check out a Lexus GX but I don't think I could pucker up enough and don't drive enough to warrant the crazy cost, and still love my FJ. I could easily drive any of the relatively lower/mid cost vehicles we looked at today for my daughter and be happy with almost any of them myself, but my FJ has tons of life left in it.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom