The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Saw that he passed. Nothing against them, just never had one.

I've had several. My personal opinion is that they were fantastic guns that paved the way for the modern pistol. Unfortunately they spent the last 10 years or more milking the market instead of innovating. Not knocking the guns, but there are better guns out there that are cheaper, with better features and just as reliable. G***k had the lead and lost it due to not doing more. I'm very curious if things change now.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I've had several. My personal opinion is that they were fantastic guns that paved the way for the modern pistol. Unfortunately they spent the last 10 years or more milking the market instead of innovating. Not knocking the guns, but there are better guns out there that are cheaper, with better features and just as reliable. G***k had the lead and lost it due to not doing more. I'm very curious if things change now.
    All true.

I don't mind the platform. I even have a couple with a decent factory trigger.

Glock likes to claim 65% of the market share but I believe that is a figure based on law enforcement and I will bet it has been heavily impact by the P320.

Maybe someone will google-foo market share by brand, platform and caliber. Please put it in an easy to ready graph with a 40 year time span. Thanks!

1703717307055.png

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    All true.

I don't mind the platform. I even have a couple with a decent factory trigger.

Glock likes to claim 65% of the market share but I believe that is a figure based on law enforcement and I will bet it has been heavily impact by the P320.

Maybe someone will google-foo market share by brand, platform and caliber. Please put it in an easy to ready graph with a 40 year time span. Thanks!

I really don't understand how they keep that market share. So many guns today offer a lot more than a G***k. I think it has to be the market penetration/saturation they have with so many parts and holsters and such available. I'm not saying they're bad, just totally not for me. I'll keep my P10C OR which is better in every way IMO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom