The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I was a good boy and Santa came early with my present ...

View attachment 318188

After picking this up earlier this morning, I headed to the range. First four targets posted below (one per mag).

One and two are Isosceles stance; three and four are Weaver. The red dot needs some adjusting, and I need some serious trigger time to shrink these groups. Target is printed on 8-1/2" x 11" paper.

The ammo/springs also need to be sorted out. The ammo used today didn't always bring the pistol back into battery. I had to give the slide a tiny push from behind on about 1/4 of the shots.

View attachment 318189View attachment 318190View attachment 318191View attachment 318192
    Beautiful gun. Thanks for giving that purple Dino what it had coming, a headache that never stops giving.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Beautiful gun. Thanks for giving that purple Dino what it had coming, a headache that never stops giving.
    I share your disdain for this creature. After the optics are sorted out, he'll have a belly full of lead and well-placed headache relief.

I'm far from an expert on red dots, but am perplexed how the POI is so much higher from POA, especially for a pistol at 10 yds. The fellow I bought this pistol from has a similar build to be, and only a few inches taller.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I share your disdain for this creature. After the optics are sorted out, he'll have a belly full of lead and well-placed headache relief.

I'm far from an expert on red dots, but am perplexed how the POI is so much higher from POA, especially for a pistol at 10 yds. The fellow I bought this pistol from has a similar build to be, and only a few inches taller.
    Sight over bore is quite tall on that setup. Closer you get to target, the more it shows the offset on paper. Have to purposely aim higher at close distance, same for irons but less drastic. Learned that with handguns and rifles during lots of CQB training classes. If you move back from the target further, you'll eventually find the distance POA meets POI. My guess is 25 yards or more.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

You know the dot is movable, right?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    :bacondance: Goody gumdrops.

Any tags filled? @jagee any luck?
    Filled the pig tag at Sams. Still eating last years deer and the freezer is too well stocked to fit another whole deer in so I'll wait until October to try again. Anybody keeps track of Kroger's brisket prices, keep me posted if there's a sale.

Almost spelled it briscuit. That would be a different animal entirely.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom