The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I would bring stuff for a full disassembly. And if you need help with that, I can give you a basic list.
    I doubt I have any of that stuff, but if you have a list that would be good. I plan to be there and I'll be bringing my 1911, but I'm not sure how far into a tear down I will/won't get on it.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Gun season over, probably the lowest number of people I've seen in the HNF since I've lived here.
    It is really weird because anecdotal evidence for NEI appears to be of a bountiful harvest.

Last two years in my county are the highest out of the past decade by 10-20%ish. Not sure if that is more hunters or more deer? That upward trendline is more or less consistent in surrounding counties.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    1911 tools needed for full disassembly. This assumes you want to completely strip the frame and slide. This does not include tools for sights and grip screw bushings, as those are not generally removed for a full detail cleaning.

- Screwdriver or bit for grip screws (should be flat head, torx, allen)
    - Screwdriver or bit for mag release screw (should be small flat head, dremel wrench/blade tool works also)
    - Barrel bushing wrench (only needed if you have a tightly fit bushing)
    - Tool to push safety plunger in while reinstalling thumb safety (10-8 performance makes a nice tool, a toothbrush widdled down to 3/32" works also, something thin/non-marring/stiff)
    - 5/32 roll pin punch for mainspring housing pin and firing pin stop plate removal.
    - Small hammer with brass/delrin head (or brass and non-marring). This can be needed at times with above roll pin punch on mainspring housing pin.
    - Brass punch to push extractor out with (around 7/32" or so should be beefy enough). The 10-8 performance tool has a wedge end that can work for this too. You're pushing on the claw end, so something non-steel is best. Same tool can work for the other end of extractor to pull out of the extractor tunnel.
    - Small punch to "push" the sear/disco and hammer pins out, something 3/32" or smaller. Just about anything will work, they are not a press fit. Even a pen tip would work.
    - Small needle nose pliers for reinstalling disco and sear together. Not required, but that's how I currently do it. Allen may have a better way to do it. The pliers method still requires some fiddling, so it isn't perfect.
    - Thin non-marring wedge to aid in thumb safety removal. Not required, but very helpful. I bought a big assortment on Amazon for cheap, think they're technically for nail salon work.
    - Small bench block, optional.

Tools on left are required. Tools on right are technically optional, but they really make the process much easier and faster.

20231204_095856.jpg

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Not sure, but those suction poses seem awfully suggestive .
    "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." Sigmund Freud

Sometimes.
    That's a poke at TN I believe, as TN fans light up cigars during big wins. They stadium was largely smoked out last year when TN beat Bama in 2022. This pic was taken back in like 2018

And I hesitated a bit to post that pic as it has my son and some of his buddies in it, but thought it was a cool pic with the TN stadium in the background that @ChrisK mentioned.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    That's a poke at TN I believe, as TN fans light up cigars during big wins. They stadium was largely smoked out last year when TN beat Bama in 2022. This pic was taken back in like 2018

And I hesitated a bit to post that pic as it has my son and some of his buddies in it, but thought it was a cool pic with the TN stadium in the background that @ChrisK mentioned.
    49-52

Just in case you have forgotten. ;-)

Great stadium though and they also have/had a really nice baseball field.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You could have just said " 'bama fan".

I sure do hope @WebSnyper can take some good hearted, if not pointed, ribbing....
    188feedfeb7bce3fdbaa99959f357ef8.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom