The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This year will be interesting. I've said it before in here, this is not the Bama team of the last few years. It seems to take them a bit to get moving during a game. Milroe doesn't always excel at taking what the defense is giving them.

Saban and company do seem to be able to make the adjustments though.

Going to be a tough road and hopefully fun to watch in the playoffs.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Being a lifelong Indiana kid all I ever wanted and worked towards was to play basketball at iu for Knight. Thst changed about sophomore year when Peyton arrived and Indiana slowly started becoming more of a football state. Like many people here, college football was never important especially for iu fans. It’s basketball or nothing. Most of my friends and people I knew grew up rooting for iu basketball and notre dame football. I am much more a fan of nfl and always have been but I always root for the underdog in cfb. The playoffs turned me off of cfb even more honestly. I do think it will be better once expanded.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Cigars are bad for your health ! waaa2 So sayeth CHUCK. :chuck:

Good morning to all.
    1odq4k.jpg

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    1911 tools needed for full disassembly. This assumes you want to completely strip the frame and slide. This does not include tools for sights and grip screw bushings, as those are not generally removed for a full detail cleaning.

- Screwdriver or bit for grip screws (should be flat head, torx, allen)
    - Screwdriver or bit for mag release screw (should be small flat head, dremel wrench/blade tool works also)
    - Barrel bushing wrench (only needed if you have a tightly fit bushing)
    - Tool to push safety plunger in while reinstalling thumb safety (10-8 performance makes a nice tool, a toothbrush widdled down to 3/32" works also, something thin/non-marring/stiff)
    - 5/32 roll pin punch for mainspring housing pin and firing pin stop plate removal.
    - Small hammer with brass/delrin head (or brass and non-marring). This can be needed at times with above roll pin punch on mainspring housing pin.
    - Brass punch to push extractor out with (around 7/32" or so should be beefy enough). The 10-8 performance tool has a wedge end that can work for this too. You're pushing on the claw end, so something non-steel is best. Same tool can work for the other end of extractor to pull out of the extractor tunnel.
    - Small punch to "push" the sear/disco and hammer pins out, something 3/32" or smaller. Just about anything will work, they are not a press fit. Even a pen tip would work.
    - Small needle nose pliers for reinstalling disco and sear together. Not required, but that's how I currently do it. Allen may have a better way to do it. The pliers method still requires some fiddling, so it isn't perfect.
    - Thin non-marring wedge to aid in thumb safety removal. Not required, but very helpful. I bought a big assortment on Amazon for cheap, think they're technically for nail salon work.
    - Small bench block, optional.

Tools on left are required. Tools on right are technically optional, but they really make the process much easier and faster.

View attachment 316522
    That's perfect. I think I have everything I "need". I'll take a good inventory tonight.

Thank you, sir.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Ok, tech experts, I need some help.

Grandson's laptop most likely fried (board toasted at power supply input).

Any help with a "bang-for-buck" desktop for a 14 year old geared towards online gaming like Fortnight?

e30e432034d819450b2fd3d88ab3624d.jpg

Last edited:

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    May be a dumb question..

I'm wondering if we need to bring any tools, etc, with us on Saturday?
    I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for asking. @T-DOGG Thanks for the detailed answer.

As far as the list goes, I only have the bushing tool, screw drivers, bits and basic steel punches. I may need to borrow some things.

I’m not attending the class as an expert, which is why I’m attending.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    As far as the list goes, I only have the bushing tool, screw drivers, bits and basic steel punches. I may need to borrow some things.

A short piece of 2x4 or similar wood block with a ~1/4" hole drilled in the center and another drilled close to an edge will work as an armorer's block.

A rag/paper towels and your choice of CLR and lubricant will be good to have to clean and lube parts as you go and for reassembly.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Ok, tech experts, I need some help.

Grandson's laptop most likely fried (board toasted at power supply input).

Any help with a "bang-for-buck" desktop for a 14 year old geared towards online gaming like Fortnight?

e30e432034d819450b2fd3d88ab3624d.jpg
    If it’s just for gaming I would just get him a new Xbox. Fortnight is free for the Xbox. They are awesome in 4K on a 4K TV.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    My kids have ps5s and for a while had the new Xboxes as well. Then we had to get them gaming computers lol. Drives me insane but they do the same playing Fortnite and Minecraft on pc. I agree it’s because it’s probably easier to or try to cheat

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Not sure....I will inquire further. I don't believe PS or Xbox was the "preferred" platform. My guess would be because it is easier to cheat on a PC?

Keyboard + mouse will always be the most accurate way to game and the graphics on PC games are much better, but you need high end hardware to make it better than what you can get out of a console game on a nice HDTV, not to mention the screen is bigger on the TV. Computer gaming was always more comfortable for me, because gaming in a gaming chair was always easier for me than sitting on a couch, but everyone is different.

Does your Grandson like to mess with hardware? Is he old enough, or is there someone else in the family who would want to build him a PC? That way you can spec out a nice gaming system and monitor (if he doesn't already have one) and ensure you get a video card that will run the game at max settings.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom