The Czickness LII.2…..the sunshine and roses version.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    There is some respiratory crap going around right now. Henri and I have been battling it for days now. Praying you get better Wizard. Breathing treatments hopefully will be helpful in getting you over this.
    Yup. I'm still barking the last of the congestion out of my chest from my bout with it. Hope y'all kick it quickly.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    WARNING: Venting post....read at your own risk...

Appliance install from - not heaven....

Fridge required (expected and planned for) cabinet modifications. No big deal except my old table saw had a screw failure that took an good hour to fix. Fridge had enough packing tape and finish protection wrap to fill a trash bag. How long to install a fridge (which included moving old fridge to basement - old basement fridge to SIL's house)? Oh...about four hours....plus a lunch break.

Double Wall Oven - Well....the rough in dimensions that Frigidaire list where exactly the width of my rough-in - which is masonry. Keep that is mind - brick.

The width had zero variance from the rough-in minimum so every slight variation in the brick or mortar caused a bind. At first, I thought I would grind off the offending masonry areas. Quickly decided against that, grabbed some saws and "reduced" the width of the oven unit. Problem solved. Warranty voided. Final fitment today, as this turned into 4 more hours of frustration...

Then the cooktop. Same deal with Fridgidaire. Rough in measurements (yes, I checked before buying) had zero variance but in this case my rough-in was at the wide end of the range. which meant that the glass was resting on the just the slightest bit of countertop so I have to mount some 3/4" brackets to the granite. Fun...but...

The cooktop installation guide calls for 5mm of glass to countertop clearance. WTH? See Figure 9 below. The only mounting hardware are two little flimsy "retainer" brackets. They mount to the center on each side. If you provide 5mm of clearance to the countertop, the cooktop will clearly rock back and forth on the brackets. My existing radiant unit just sat flush. I am a little confused here.

I ask the internet for answers but that was just wasted time....

1701603997662.png

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm always amazed at the classified ads that list a bazillion upgrades but state the gun has never been shot.

It's not collector's items, as they had no problem swapping out a ton of parts.

I always want to shoot a gun both before and after even minor upgrades for function.

Now I have been guilty of putting a gun back in the safe as a spare or even a spare to a spare, after shooting it for function check.

I get that one can test function to some extent without firing, but not 100%.

Just seems odd to me.

@mcapo sorry about all the appliance install troubles.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I'm always amazed at the classified ads that list a bazillion upgrades but state the gun has never been shot.

I always want to shoot a gun both before and after even minor upgrades for function.

Now I have been guilty of putting a gun back in the safe as a spare or even a spare to a spare, after shooting it for function check.

Just seems odd to me.

I also like “this has been my daily carry” and “never been fired” in the same sentence.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Just seems odd to me.

Yep. I have never owned a gun I didn't shoot.

I also like “this has been my daily carry” and “never been fired” in the same sentence.

This is the worst. Even if it's a duplicate of another gun, every gun is different. If you haven't ran at least a couple hundred rounds through it, how do you know it's reliable enough to carry... :facepalm:

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down

This is the worst. Even if it's a duplicate of another gun, every gun is different. If you haven't ran at least a couple hundred rounds through it, how do you know it's reliable enough to carry... :facepalm:
    That’s a lot of blind faith in a QC department.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Morn'n fellas :bgoOJ:

I have 1 gun that hasn't been shot except from the factory. I really would love to shoot it but being its a collector, made in extremely low quantities and I can't get another without spending mega $$, I'd hate to see dolla bills fly along with the lead if I did shoot it, so I do understand the "not shooting it" thing. Other than that 1, I shoot'em all, especially the ones intended for carry or home defense.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Morn'n fellas :bgoOJ:

I have 1 gun that hasn't been shot except from the factory. I really would love to shoot it but being its a collector, made in extremely low quantities and I can't get another without spending mega $$, I'd hate to see dolla bills fly along with the lead if I did shoot it, so I do understand the "not shooting it" thing. Other than that 1, I shoot'em all, especially the ones intended for carry or home defense.
    I have collector* guns and I have shooter guns.

Not sure either category ever gets shot anymore....

* - by collector guns that usually means some oddball gun that only I would want like a Springfield P9...

1701614593307.jpeg

EDIT: and, no, I haven't shoot that gun...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom