The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Morning all. Spending morning at range with my ria 1911 ds fn 502 and tx 22c.

It is one mag that is only one thst is having problems with ria. Spring is noticeably lighter and a coil or more short when comparing them. Should be easy fix. The first disassembly and reassembly of 1911 in my life was a breeze. Can’t believe how simple they are. Will probably start tinkering soon. Need to order some better internals and go from there. If I continue to like it it will make the trip to Bloomington for cerakote

Question for the experts, I’m perfectly happy with it. Seems triggers can be hard to come by for it(uses para p18). Besides that rest parts of interchangeable with general 1911/2011 stuff. Is there any reason to get rid of this for a prodigy in terms of part replacement down road, etc.

Also the tx22 compact is probably on the move if anyone interested. I like the 502 better and can sacrifice tx for 1911 parts lol
    Question from "not an expert":

By trigger do you mean the trigger shoe itself or the ignition parts?

I have ran a few mags through a couple different Prodigies and have found no reason to talk anyone out of it - especially at a used price. It is a bit of a tank but a soft shooter and accurate enough to almost make me look capable.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning all. Spending morning at range with my ria 1911 ds fn 502 and tx 22c.

It is one mag that is only one thst is having problems with ria. Spring is noticeably lighter and a coil or more short when comparing them. Should be easy fix. The first disassembly and reassembly of 1911 in my life was a breeze. Can’t believe how simple they are. Will probably start tinkering soon. Need to order some better internals and go from there. If I continue to like it it will make the trip to Bloomington for cerakote

Question for the experts, I’m perfectly happy with it. Seems triggers can be hard to come by for it(uses para p18). Besides that rest parts of interchangeable with general 1911/2011 stuff. Is there any reason to get rid of this for a prodigy in terms of part replacement down road, etc.

Also the tx22 compact is probably on the move if anyone interested. I like the 502 better and can sacrifice tx for 1911 parts lol
    Not an expert by any means. I have not researched parts compatibility of that Rock Island. So, I have no real input in that regard.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Question from "not an expert":

By trigger do you mean the trigger shoe itself or the ignition parts?

I have ran a few mags through a couple different Prodigies and have found no reason to talk anyone out of it - especially at a used price. It is a bit of a tank but a soft shooter and accurate enough to almost make me look capable.
    The shoe. Ignition parts all compatible from what I can tell

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Unrelated....

I have become so confused trying to address business correspondence that I have reverted to first names in many instances.

Mr. and Ms. doesn't always work anymore - forget trying to apply Miss, Mrs. or Hey You.
    Yeah, first names are the way to go, especially if you've not met the person. Is "Jordan" a Mr or Ms? Idk. Just put Jordan.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    One of these Weatherby/Anschutz .22's have been in my bucket list forever, why didn't I buy one when they were less than 1K lol.

Ditto. Always wanted one - never bought one until I did....at premium.

This ones already up to 1500.00 with 7 days left. I think mcapo or Patience has one?

I bid on an untold number of them only to never buy. One showed up a local auction of a Weatherby collector. I decided I was buying it. Period. I did.

Came with a nice Weatherby scope but I need to find the correct XXII scope which also sells for crazy money.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    I am wanting to move some guns I rarely shoot to be able to purchase a vehicle to replace my 03 Sonoma that is no longer worthy of dumping $$$ into! If anyone in the CZickness thread is interested send me a pm. The AR's are Mouse made. The 1911 is an Emissary .45. Thanks!
    4 sale 22.jpg

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    I am wanting to move some guns I rarely shoot to be able to purchase a vehicle to replace my 03 Sonoma that is no longer worthy of dumping $$$ into! If anyone in the CZickness thread is interested send me a pm. The AR's are Mouse made. The 1911 is an Emissary .45. Thanks!
    View attachment 332125
    Premo builds!

Not to mention that Custom stock. Truly one of a kind!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Unrelated....

I have become so confused trying to address business correspondence that I have reverted to first names in many instances.

Mr. and Ms. doesn't always work anymore - forget trying to apply Miss, Mrs. or Hey You.
    Maybe just M. ... I think you are good with first names, as many people I run across these days don't understand the concept of business correspondence and the associated etiquette anyway.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    View attachment 332125
    Wild looking brace on that pistol. :stickpoke:

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Unrelated....

Dear fine person, (or miserable excuse for a human—whichever applies)

View attachment 332125
    Don’t let the pistol with the custom stock fool you, its a flame thrower and a percussion grenade all in one!

Ask me how I know! :stickpoke:

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I’ll jump in here and say that it’s not that I’m not for co-witnessed sights; I’m actually very against it.
    Now of course, you do you, and many people get along ok with them, but I’ve taken quite a few classes and from what I take away co-witnessing is a misnomer at best and a hinderance at worst.

Until I saw B2V’s picture, I didn’t believe a dot would fit between the ejection and the sight. So value my advice for what you paid for it ;)

I would definitely not worry about modifying the holster, let the holster come to the gun, don’t do anything based on a $80 or whatever holster.

Here are my CZ dots, 1 by Allen 2 by me.

I also have some 320’s, one of which may have suppressor height sights. It’s been a minute, shame on me!

You are more than welcome to come by and measure/fondle/shoot any of them.
    View attachment 330849
    If you don’t mind me asking, which 2 did Allen do?

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    View attachment 332125
    The top and bottom rifles are spoken for:rockwoot:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    1187a7acd7cc3d895a4a3afc8b5e6411.jpg
    Daaaaanngg! Nice looking pistol man!

Status
    Not open for further replies.