wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Had a horrible night of sleep, up and down all night. Woke for the last time a bit after 4am and couldn't get back to sleep no matter how hard I tried. I'm praying for some resleep later on.

Pay off the HOUSE! $18,203 to go! Be $800 more gone on 8/31!

I have WAY more than that to go and my mortgage payment just shot up by ~$300/mo :(

On the plus side, I'll be under $5k owed on my CX-5 soon, which is what I'm trying to get paid off. Already paid off the Spark I bought for Monica just a couple months ago. Prices for everything is going up and I'm actually quite happy with what I'm carrying/shooting at the moment, so I'm trying to do what I can to pay things down.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Morning all... :coffee:

Had a horrible night of sleep, up and down all night. Woke for the last time a bit after 4am and couldn't get back to sleep no matter how hard I tried. I'm praying for some resleep later on.

I have WAY more than that to go and my mortgage payment just shot up by ~$300/mo :(

On the plus side, I'll be under $5k owed on my CX-5 soon.
    Debt free is the way to be. You ever watch Dave Ramsey's podcast, WT?
    Listening to people who make less than I do have a "debt free scream" and finding out they paid off their house at 40 y/o motivates me. Some of the single mom's stories will make you cry.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Listening to people who make less than I do have a "debt free scream" and finding out they paid off their house at 40 y/o motivates me. Some of the single mom's stories will make you cry.

No, but I do believe in paying down my debt.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Live beneath your means and find ways to increase your income and marvelous things can happen.

Paid off a house at 37, then paid cash for a 50k truck...

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Live beneath your means and find ways to increase your income...

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

If it wasn’t for five colleges (one more to go), first cars, weddings, surgical copays, family financial assistance, the expense of Sunday dinner for a large family and a few extra guns - I’d be retired now. Lol

Ramsey brings forth some solid ideas and has value but it’s a limited scope approach - from the one or two books I’ve read. If it works for a person's circumstances - Congrats to you! Debt free is amazing!!

This isn’t directed at you but I think we do a poor job of financially educating people in high school and in college.

Saving over consumerism…tomorrow versus today.

Now when do those new grips show up today. Ammo should be here soon. I’ll look around on gunbroker while I wait. ;-)

Last edited:

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    As like others here, I was up at 4AM, but I didn't fall back to sleep around 5AM. Alarm goes off at 6AM. These late night work nights are awful for me.

I keep thinking about yesterday's CZ announcement. I am very curious about the pricing on it. Though right now, I have my eye more on a P-09, or new bolt for the Scorpions.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Good morning CZickos!

Last car we financed was a 1994, paid cash for all vehicles and other large purchases since. Only debt was mortgage which was paid off more than 10 years ago. Then kept paying the mortgage but to our retrement accounts.
    .....but you made one other decision that was the best financial "get ahead" decision ever. :-)

When I read your post, all I see is "Heck, yeah, I CAN buy that DWX now!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    But I have no desire for a DWX :dunno:
    Oh?! You thought this was about you?

"We" want to give the DWX a go and with the FGE coming - it would be a perfect opportunity for US - if you bought one. :cool:

EDIT: You might as well pick up a full size and a compact - just for sake of comparison.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom