THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    What a day, what a day. I ain't doing shyte for the next 12-14 hours. Another business/training trip North again this coming week. Ye ole P.L. is tagging along on this one. She needs some R&R. Turkeys are staying with Mimi. Brother is sitting on the house.

Picked up some used yute bows as well. May turn one into a lightweight bow fishing rig. Anyone have any advice on that matter? Never done that before. The Google-fu is not strong enough today.
    I tried the bow fishing route on carp when I lived on the lake but found I could do much better with a spear.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Someone on here (maybe TD or WT?) found a Amazon/Swampfox clearance for something like $75. I bought one - hasn't seen much use but seems VERY similar to Vortex.

I have 1 on my P10s and 1 as an offset on the 6920. Love them both. I love vortex stuff, but it's ok to dabble elsewhere I'm told.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    The one I have is the Sentinel, which is on my Shield Plus OR. Seems to work fine, though I prefer the circle dot that the HS507C/K optics have.
    I really like my 507k on the Rami! Went cheaper on the P365 and put a 407k on it.

Have a Vortex on my AR that I picked up used real cheap and has been reliable.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Quite frankly, if mm says to, you should. Live life and make stories… I do have a recipe for homemade c4 around here somewhere…

I, too, have also never dabbled on such fun stump removal techniques. It is not fun, and should therefore not do it for satisfactory purposes.

Also, dad was a big late season muzzleloader hunter back when. Got my teeth cut on the AAA pyrodex he used in his smokepole. I remember when the internet was an infant and a certain cookbook took 3 days to download. Print version was blacklisted before my time.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I don't have hero-type stories to tell .... like TT, cookie, Lee.
    But, I did have some fun with explosives during my time in the military.
    C4 is such cool stuff.

Speaking of, it doesn't seem like a half-century ago that I served. Geez ... I can still remember parts of it like it was yesterday.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    C4 is such cool stuff.

Speaking of, it doesn't seem like a half-century ago that I served. Geez ... I can still remember parts of it like it was yesterday.

I hear ya MM. Only been 36 years for me, but it doesn't feel that long. As an infantryman, the most I got to do was shoot a ma deuce during desert training in Ft. Irwin one year.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    The CTS. Maybe [mention]bcannon [/mention] will post up a pic of his. It’s a tad more decked out!

6f2e8063ee00d3fcf739a737890d76d4.jpg
    20230318_182608.jpg

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    C4 is such cool stuff.

Almost 9 years for me…
    No hero stuff for me. Or explosives. Maybe a couple grenades and m203, only one at4 for training.
    In SERE, we learned some homemade stuff, but only in a text book. No prac app

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Good afternoon fellas. Had a great time at the track and stopping by the Mouse compound yesterday. Spent time with my fam I haven't seen for a long time and seeing the mouse family was much needed. This sunburn I could do without. Lobsterfied is a incredible understatement. It is definitely a pantsless day.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    The morning started out cloudy with a gentle wind and my first 2 cards were not bad and consistent (2125,2125). By the 3rd card sun was in and out, wind kicked up and started swirling and 3rd card sucked (1795) :poop:

IMG_1965.jpeg

Will see what the 4th and final card brings but not hopeful when half the flags are pointing in opposite directions.

Oh well. A bad day at the range…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom