THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    GM all. Nursing a nice hangover today. Dads 60th birthday cookout party was perfect. Great food, lots of laughs, and a neighborhood full of turkeys gobbling for hours on end. Out till almost 11, so no pumpkin turnings.

I made the moms of the clan mad when I handed out switchblade combs to all the boys. They got the "don't take to school" grilling. I do have a rep as cool uncle to keep. Even the boy that lives next to my brother calls me Uncle David.
    Who’s David? Come on Charles, you know we don’t use people’s real names..

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    And yes, I’m using paper plates, because I’m not about to spend my Sunday morning washing dishes…

Lol, that's why I'm making LE's famous block cakes. So much less mess and work involved. There is a new flavor available. It needs TDogg flavor approved before mass production though.

IMG_20230430_094440472.jpg

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

It's a rainy day here in Raleigh. I'm enjoying the time here but look forward to getting back home in Indy. This is a nice area but the road network is based on old horse trails from a couple of centuries ago and it typically takes a while to get where you want to go. I did find a nice gun shop within about 20 minutes from here where I was able to pick up parts needed to restore my sister's AR back to normal config instead of the CA compliant config that it was in when she bought it a couple of years ago while living in CA. I will give S&W credit for making the restoration a lot easier to do than it could have been. The grip needed replaced and the stock needed a fixture removed that prevented it from being adjustable. It only took $20 in parts to restore it and it really could have been done for nothing but a Dremel. To eliminate the 'pistol grip', S&W just did a kydex wrap on the grip to add a fin that prevents wrapping your thumb around the grip. 5 minutes with a dremel would remove the kydex and reveal the A2 pistol grip underneath it.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Morning folks! :coffee:

It's a rainy day here in Raleigh. I'm enjoying the time here but look forward to getting back home in Indy. This is a nice area but the road network is based on old horse trails from a couple of centuries ago and it typically takes a while to get where you want to go. I did find a nice gun shop within about 20 minutes from here where I was able to pick up parts needed to restore my sister's AR back to normal config instead of the CA compliant config that it was in when she bought it a couple of years ago while living in CA. I will give S&W credit for making the restoration a lot easier to do than it could have been. The grip needed replaced and the stock needed a fixture removed that prevented it from being adjustable. It only took $20 in parts to restore it and it really could have been done for nothing but a Dremel. To eliminate the 'pistol grip', S&W just did a kydex wrap on the grip to add a fin that prevents wrapping your thumb around the grip. 5 minutes with a dremel would remove the kydex and reveal the A2 pistol grip underneath it.

What have you done to the children of Raleigh?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    So, being a die hard Sig P229 carrier, guess what I brought to NC for EDC while here. On the hip for this trip is my P07 with my P10 sometimes being carried. I went with the CZs due to mag compatibility and 9mm availability. Should the wierdness of the world necessitate action, I want to be carrying a commonly available caliber and I want mag compatibility between what I have. I have only 1 9mm Sig, so it was CZ that got the nod for this trip.

I'm thinking that I need to find a PCR or P01 when I get back (and after the gun fund refills). I've got the itch for a nice, decocker equipped CZ aluminum framed pistol.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    So, being a die hard Sig P229 carrier, guess what I brought to NC for EDC while here. On the hip for this trip is my P07 with my P10 sometimes being carried. I went with the CZs due to mag compatibility and 9mm availability. Should the wierdness of the world necessitate action, I want to be carrying a commonly available caliber and I want mag compatibility between what I have. I have only 1 9mm Sig, so it was CZ that got the nod for this trip.

I'm thinking that I need to find a PCR or P01 when I get back (and after the gun fund refills). I've got the itch for a nice, decocker equipped CZ aluminum framed pistol.
    PCR makes a pretty strong argument for itself.

p.s. My 229 should ship on Monday. Seller was a USPS MO guy so its been a "slow" process....but I have dies and components (minus powder). Still leaning Power Pistol...

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I did that last week. Nice stores. I also picked up some ammo while I was at AEAmmo. Next to no CZs at Atkinsons, but they had lots of other guns.
    Turns out the times listed for Atkinsons on Bing were not correct and he's closed on Sundays. Submitted an update on that.

Picked up half a case of 9mm and a pack of 22LR at AEAMMO. They said in the next few weeks the website should be updated to be synced up with store and have their rewards program integrated to the website. Their by the box pricing is same as case in the store, but if they don't offer a better price in store than on the web I may just do the $250 free shipping next time rather than go to the store.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

My vote is for the P-01 of course :cool:

lMPWrUu.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

WT voted ... so I get a vote too ... am I right ? :cool:
    RAMI !

i-Zh9MbGX-L.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom