THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Hey-O, gangsters !
    Wife is making some french toast for brunch. Yum !

New neighbor is having a HUGE hedge torn-out (story is that both of the new residents are blind, and are putting in a fence for their service dog). I can understand, but the hedge supports all of the backyard birds that I photograph.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Hey-O, gangsters !
    Wife is making some french toast for brunch. Yum !

New neighbor is having a HUGE hedge torn-out (story is that both of the new residents are blind, and are putting in a fence for their service dog). I can understand, but the hedge supports all of the backyard birds that I photograph.
    Turn that yard of yours into a jungle, MM. The birds will thank you.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Turn that yard of yours into a jungle, MM. The birds will thank you.

I am letting one junk tree that's under the power wires remain there (it's majorly on their property, but they didn't grub it out .... and neither will I).
    That's not a bad idea though. Realistically, I'll probably be in this house until they drag me to the morgue .... so I could plant my own mini-forest, and what difference would it make ?!?
    O830 is my new guru !!! :chest:

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I am letting one junk tree that's under the power wires remain there (it's majorly on their property, but they didn't grub it out).... and neither will I.
    That's not a bad idea though. Realistically, I'll probably be in this house until they drag me to the morgue .... so I could plant my own mini-forest, and what difference would it make ?!?
    I have been on this terraforming kick on YouTube lately. It’s become my dream to buy enough property to form it into something awesome.
    Just imagine the wildlife that would find refuge in your mindful forest

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I am letting one junk tree that's under the power wires remain there (it's majorly on their property, but they didn't grub it out .... and neither will I).
    Get some raspberries, blackberries and other berry producing plants and make a corner bramble patch. Plants are cheap and grow fast!!

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Just imagine the wildlife that would find refuge in your mindful forest

...that you could eat. Lol.

G(late)M all. Official weekender! 2 turkeys + 1 nephew have exhibits in the local art show today. Surprise cookout for dad's 60th after. Beer, pork, and the whole fam damily. Fancy Hawaiian shirt. Let's get it!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    This is the view from the kitchen window .... the grub-out continues to the left.
    It was a fantastic 14' tall hedge of viburnums. sigh ...

image000000%20%2898%29-L.jpg

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I know .... I can't be upset with them.
    Plant your own magnificent hedge with berries and other goodies for the fauna to enjoy and flourish.

This is giving me motivation to fix up a section of my backyard I have been intending to do the same with. I just intended to finish painting the work out fence first.. my girls love the little bird sanctuary we have cultivated. The back corner floods but those trees create such a bird haven year round. I have to do a little spring cleaning but the birds have already brightened up the yard.

Attachments

• D70698CC-2B09-4C2D-A25B-622CA7B9C523.jpeg
      D70698CC-2B09-4C2D-A25B-622CA7B9C523.jpeg
      1.1 MB · Views: 18
    • 2D19E2EA-C05D-42B4-8157-E9651E8DB810.jpeg
      2D19E2EA-C05D-42B4-8157-E9651E8DB810.jpeg
      1,005.4 KB · Views: 18
    • EEA43575-78F3-4E4F-8F50-2F964D948E03.jpeg
      EEA43575-78F3-4E4F-8F50-2F964D948E03.jpeg
      1.2 MB · Views: 18

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Plant your own magnificent hedge with berries and other goodies for the fauna to enjoy and flourish.

This is giving me motivation to fix up a section of my backyard I have been intending to do the same with. I just intended to finish painting the work out fence first.. my girls love the little bird sanctuary we have cultivated. The back corner floods but those trees create such a bird haven year round. I have to do a little spring cleaning but the birds have already brightened up the yard.
    That's a first-class yard, cookie ! :thumbsup:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Evanlee11