THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Lathe progress. Fabricated a bracket/mount for the extra 3 phase motor off the mill (mill was setup for vertical and horizontal milling, not using the horizontal portion). Just waiting on some belts to arrive today before I give pictures of the setup. I'll use the VFD to control the mill and the lathe (switch setup to power one or other, not both at same time). Using the VFD to control the speed of the lathe, I eliminated the complex factory setup and will no longer require swapping belts to different pulleys and using the back gear for low speeds. I can control the RPM of the motor itself instead. Basically direct drive, motor to lathe spindle. Motor is 1 1/2hp, instead of 1/3hp that was on there previously. It's bigger than the headstock.

View attachment 270261

Meanwhile, I'm addressing some things while waiting. Spindle nut was chewed up from previous owners. It requires a spanner wrench, that I don't have. I used a punch for removal, but that chews up the hole where the spanner goes. Got to looking around and the nut was basically same size as an AR-15 barrel nut. So I went that direction and made 5 slots along the circumference.

View attachment 270256
    View attachment 270257
    View attachment 270259
    Your ingenuity amazes me sometimes. In a good way.....:rockwoot:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Lathe progress. Fabricated a bracket/mount for the extra 3 phase motor off the mill (mill was setup for vertical and horizontal milling, not using the horizontal portion). Just waiting on some belts to arrive today before I give pictures of the setup. I'll use the VFD to control the mill and the lathe (switch setup to power one or other, not both at same time). Using the VFD to control the speed of the lathe, I eliminated the complex factory setup and will no longer require swapping belts to different pulleys and using the back gear for low speeds. I can control the RPM of the motor itself instead. Basically direct drive, motor to lathe spindle. Motor is 1 1/2hp, instead of 1/3hp that was on there previously. It's bigger than the headstock.

View attachment 270261

Meanwhile, I'm addressing some things while waiting. Spindle nut was chewed up from previous owners. It requires a spanner wrench, that I don't have. I used a punch for removal, but that chews up the hole where the spanner goes. Got to looking around and the nut was basically same size as an AR-15 barrel nut. So I went that direction and made 5 slots along the circumference.

View attachment 270256
    View attachment 270257
    View attachment 270259
    141e92.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    The gardener has been cleaning up our last rural renewal project, just filling bag after bag with trash she is picking up. When I get the green light from the docs I'm going to start canning up the buildings and sheds with the front loader. Not sure what to do with the mobile home.
    They can be tough to get rid of. Sometime a local car crushing/recycling company will take them (usually for a fee). Find the local scrapper to cut it up - if you can find a reliable one....

or....dig a hole...

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    So went to the range today and gave the Rami a little exercise. I think I am starting to really like having a red dot on a short barreled pistol because I am not a great marksman. All the wide shots are definitely my trigger control (not!).

1681763935628.jpeg
    Also while I was there (Shhh, don’t tell Mrs. B2V) a certain CZ firearm I saw last week was still in the case begging to go home with me, it felt really good in my hand but I held firm (and put it in layaway). Now accepting gun fund donations :whistle:

1681764103964.jpeg

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    The gardener has been cleaning up our last rural renewal project, just filling bag after bag with trash she is picking up. When I get the green light from the docs I'm going to start canning up the buildings and sheds with the front loader. Not sure what to do with the mobile home.
    Target practice (summertime gala event!) then a group tear down?

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Tannerite…. Lots of it. Maybe a cannon… and a sock…

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Apologies, coming back to this so I can get an order in.

Is Mec-Gar the OEM for Springfield on these do you know? I've generally stayed OEM for magazines in the past, but then I'm used to the striker fired world.

Just trying to decide between ordering on Greg Cote and ordering these:
    https://armsunlimited.com/springfield-sa35-15-round-9mm-magazine/ (which appear to be OEM)

Also, nickel plated worth the extra $ if I do order from Greg Cote?
    OK, so I was going to order from Greg Cote, but they only had the nickel plated in stock which actually made GC just a bit more expensive than Arms Unlimited shipped for what I know is the same mag, but AU was selling the SA branded mags.

I ordered on 13-Apr mid day and I got them in the mail today. Pretty good for $5.95 shipping and as stated a few bucks cheaper than Greg Cote to my door price.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom