THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I just spent some time in the site… it seems absolutely awesome… if it wasn’t 4 hours away kinda bummed not. Lol

Make it a camping weekend...this is about 25ish minutes from MNWR...(trying to sell it, lol) I'm smack dab in the middle of them all.

Great fishing, much larger place: https://www.in.gov/dnr/state-parks/parks-lakes/starve-hollow-sra/

Smaller, no fish here. Great for day hikes:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    There are some great places in your neck of the woods.

Next fall this is a great place to see Sandhill Cranes, very cool!

Come sit on dad's porch. The field north of his house gets them by the thousands.

And GM all. Momma working, just me and the turkeys. Who knows. Muahahahah!

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    There are some great places in your neck of the woods.

Next fall this is a great place to see Sandhill Cranes, very cool!

This is true. I plan on being outside more this summer. I missed out on so much the past few summer because of side jobs. Now that my girl is 5 and itching to be in the woods, I plan on making good on it.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I wonder if this comes with a box?

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon

That must be a typo. I am sure a box comes with it.
    If there is no box then leave negative feedback.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Happy (late) morning, gangsters. I'll probably do some more bird photography today
    Yesterday only yielded a couple quick shots of a blue jay. .... but, if nothing else, the weather is still warm, and the back porch is inviting.

I'm a bit jealous of those of you attending the NRA Convention. It would be too much walking for me. I've talked to my doc about knee replacement surgery. It's a possibility, but recovery would be long, and difficult. We shall see !

CZ !

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I'll share something that caused me to chortle this morning.
    For some reason, I was thinking about Churchmouse, and my 1st Gala Event.

Mouse greeted me 1st, at my 1st event. He said: "remember ... no robes, no chanting" !
    He knew of my affection for eastern philosophies, but having been to my house (probably to 'vet' me) he knew that wasn't really a concern. We both had a good laugh ! ;)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Happy (late) morning, gangsters. I'll probably do some more bird photography today
    Yesterday only yielded a couple quick shots of a blue jay. .... but, if nothing else, the weather is still warm, and the back porch is inviting.

I'm a bit jealous of those of you attending the NRA Convention. It would be too much walking for me. I've talked to my doc about knee replacement surgery. It's a possibility, but recovery would be long, and difficult. We shall see !

CZ !
    tdogg has the tools now. Just get him some titanium and he can make you some replacement parts.

My uncle (a few years older than you) had both knee replaced. It was a rough 6-9 months but he will tell that it was a great decision. He is back to being able to walk 18 holes of golf. Before he struggled to get through nine with a cart.

I am sure every person is different but...that's my unrequested opinion. :lmfao:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    tdogg has the tools now. Just get him some titanium and he can make you some replacement parts.

My uncle (a few years older than you) had both knee replaced. It was a rough 6-9 months but he will tell that it was a great decision. He is back to being able to walk 18 holes of golf. Before he struggled to get through nine with a cart.

I am sure every person is different but...that's my unrequested opinion. :lmfao:

Positive reinforcement is always good ! Of course, a person wants their golden years to be relatively trouble free .... and now, the time remaining is limited. How much of that remaining time do you want to be in 'recovery & therapy' .... that is the question. :dunno:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

CZ !
    My dad had both his replaced at the same time.
    His comment was (ok, after the botched epidural, long story) that they carried the pain out in a bucket.
    This was the early 90’s, and they have come a long way in tech and recovery!

He was a 300+ lb hog farmer, and they told him if he didn’t loose weight they’d only last a few years. He didn’t, and they still worked great when he passed in 2014. And they’ve come a long way since then.

ETA wanted to make sure I made the point they’ve come along way since then. NO BOX though.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

Hopefully he’ll be along shortly to set us straight, I hope he’s not offended I laughed at his ad.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom