THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    The neighbors probably laughed ... at the sight of a robust 71 yr old :D dragging a cutting-board sized package across the porch .... after placing it upon a small, round carpet for easier dragging.

Brutus was doing backflips in the safe ! :bacondance: He's found something to shoot at !!!

i-6FgfH4k-XL.jpg

Cutting boards don't usually weigh 42 pounds ! But a 5/8" thick, laser cut, AR500 target does !
    When compared to the thickness of my socked (don't get excited, TT) big toe, it's almost comically thick !

i-vq5St8s-L.jpg

I told my wife that FedEx doesn't want to let this break out of the package (and they didn't) .... because you won't damage the merchandise, but you'll probably damage your truck !

No socks were damaged I hope.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Each time I look at it, I'm reminded that most stipple jobs kill the deal for me and it becomes a parts gun. Just a pet peeve for me. If it and the extras are exactly what you want, it's likely an ok deal.

You are not alone. I was about to post the same thing. Can't stand stippling, especially for the P10 series which already had great grip texture. If I need to add texture somewhere, I use some sort of grip tape so that it can be removed without damaging the frame. I see stippling and no matter how nice the gun or how good the deal, it's a hard pass.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

You are not alone. I was about to post the same thing. Can't stand stippling, especially for the P10 series which already had great grip texture. If I need to add texture somewhere, I use some sort of grip tape so that it can be removed without damaging the frame. I see stippling and no matter how nice the gun or how good the deal, it's a hard pass.
    I don't even know that I've seen a stippling job where it made me think "damn that's awesome looking".

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

I have thought about sending my P10C in….

6203f23af1c022d3eedcdcfa2cfade41.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I don't even know that I've seen a stippling job where it made me think "damn that's awesome looking".

Not once, but I've seen some fantastic guns that were sadly more or less destroyed by stippling. Even if I could stand the look of it, I can't stand the texture of a stipple job.
    I have thought about sending my P10C in….

6203f23af1c022d3eedcdcfa2cfade41.jpg
    That is NOT a stipple job. That is a well made grip with nicely done texturing.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I have almost sent a frame to them several times. lol

Honestly that isn't stippling in my mind. That was really well done. Contrast that with the P10C package in the classies and there's a clear difference. I hate stippling and even I would consider one of those frames... ;)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Honestly that isn't stippling in my mind. That was really well done. Contrast that with the P10C package in the classies and there's a clear difference. I hate stippling and even I would consider one of those frames... ;)
    Yea....that pic I posted is a laser "CNC" machine...not really a guy with a beer and a soldering iron.

Stippling is like any user specific and permanent upgrade. You have to find a buyer with exactly the same wants as you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom