THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I had a Century Resorter for a while, it was a little older though.;)View attachment 275266
    771643119-dos-equis-most-interesting-man.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Last weekend, one of my sons dropped off a pile of unused computer parts left over after a system upgrade he did and I'm doing a new desktop build with them. So far, all I've had to buy is 32gb DDR4. The system will be decent with an water cooled i7 4xxx processor, 32gb ram, 2Tb storage (1gb SSD) and an undecided video card. I've booted it with an old video card and have been able to install Linux and begin setting the system up. The fans are noisy and at least one is unbalanced. I have spare quality fans to replace those. I just need to figure out what video card to set it up with now. The intended use is video editing, so a decent card would be good, but I want to keep it under $200. There are some really nice cards out there for close to $2k but I'm not flight simming on this system, so they'd be wasted here.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Last weekend, one of my sons dropped off a pile of unused computer parts left over after a system upgrade he did and I'm doing a new desktop build with them. So far, all I've had to buy is 32gb DDR4. The system will be decent with an water cooled i7 4xxx processor, 32gb ram, 2Tb storage (1gb SSD) and an undecided video card. I've booted it with an old video card and have been able to install Linux and begin setting the system up. The fans are noisy and at least one is unbalanced. I have spare quality fans to replace those. I just need to figure out what video card to set it up with now. The intended use is video editing, so a decent card would be good, but I want to keep it under $200. There are some really nice cards out there for close to $2k but I'm not flight simming on this system, so they'd be wasted here.

Dude, you're on a roll with the computer builds / laptops... :):

So how old of a card can you use? I have numerous sitting idle. I'll have to look in the rack of junk to see what I have...

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    :scratch:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom