THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I haven't posted much lately, because I've succeeded in banging myself up ! waaa2

Wet leaves on the trail last week .... Boom, went down pretty hard. I sprained my left wrist, and I'm left-handed (and bent my Leki hiking pole in a 45 degree arc). My wife has me in an elastic wrist cuff, but even without it, I couldn't do much with that hand .... like play guitar, or type.

Fast-forward to today. I needed a project .... and decided that I could sweep the basement floor with my shop vac, using my right hand. All went well, until I was finishing the basement steps. Foot got tripped on the cord while on the last step.
    Boom ... didn't crash all the way down, but got twisted and turned. Broke my right toe, and jacked-up my left knee. So, I've been using ice packs since 3 PM, and now can at least hobble to the bathroom.

Oh well .... trying to look at the bright side .... I'm still in the game !
    Get well soon.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks. Stiff and sore is the order of the day so far, and not in the good places…

Who’s up for a little health challenge? I already drink a lot of water everyday, but I realized I’m still not drinking enough… So who wants to join me in my challenge?

Take your weight, divide by two, that’s the number of ounces of water you should be consuming everyday… I’m at 100oz… I’d say I usually get about 65ish.
    That put my goal just over 80 oz. I'm not sure if I'm close to that or not

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I have to limp myself to the bank today .... when I'd rather stay home.
    Had to make an 'appointment' with a bank manager, and I don't want to go through that again.

The issue: Chase Bank (part of the largest financial system in the country) decided that they weren't going to offer Safety Deposit boxes anymore ! I've had a box with them for over 25 years. So, the contents (just govt. bonds, important paperwork, etc.) has to be removed. This isn't just my branch ..... Chase stated that they would offer zero safety deposit boxes anywhere. :runaway:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    That's a good deal.
    When do the prices go up? A few hours before auction ends?
    Depends. Sometimes a proxy is placed early that keeps it moving up, sometimes people bid and bid through the time frame but usually it get serious in the last 30 minutes and then extends 15 minutes with each last 15 minute bid.

Not many CZ50 buyers but when you are competing with a national audience...doesn't take too many buyers to make a market.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    My bar is 96oz. Getting about 75% of that daily. I'd hit the mark of I traded water for coffee. That ain't happening scooter.

If you drink coffee black, a lot of health experts would count that towards your hydration…
    I drink mine black. If I drink any at all. But when I do, I’m with the rebels

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      483.8 KB · Views: 4

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Had to make an 'appointment' with a bank manager, and I don't want to go through that again.

The issue: Chase Bank (part of the largest financial system in the country) decided that they weren't going to offer Safety Deposit boxes anymore ! I've had a box with them for over 25 years. So, the contents (just govt. bonds, important paperwork, etc.) has to be removed. This isn't just my branch ..... Chase stated that they would offer zero safety deposit boxes anywhere. :runaway:
    The death of the bank lobby and human interaction....

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    From the health articles and videos I've read/watched, you can count your coffee and tea intake as water, as long as you don't drink too much of it. Coffee and tea are like 90 something percent water and mildly diuretic. I count about 75% of my two coffees as water intake. Between that and 5 or 6 16oz bottles of water, I consider myself covered for fluid intake.

I stopped putting sugar or creamer in my coffee over a year ago. Now I'll occasionally use a splash of half and half if the coffee is too bitter, but normally just drink it black. I have a 6oz cup when I first get up and around a 10oz cup a couple hours later. No caffeine after noon or I don't sleep as well.
    Using your calc, I may be at my goal

I will occasionally add a bit of creamer after avoiding it for decades. The fat in creamer will slow the caffeine absorption some, making it less spikey.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi

Yup, we had to switch from them too.
    They don’t deal with cash businesses either.
    Apparently showing up with cash in dunkin donut bags several times a week is below them… lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom