THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    After work tonight, I headed down to HHRP for some practice. I did some work on grip technique and saw some improvement with a 65/35 ratio between weak and strong hand grip strength. I also did some timed drills on draw at 7 yards on an 8x10 sheet of paper. I could get the P229 down to about 2.23 seconds shooting 9mm but was doing better with a 9mm P226. That was running right at 2 seconds with the last drill at 1.93. I was struggling with the red dot on the 9mm P229 that I have with the red dot though. I need to work on that one.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I guess a future upgrade has now turned into a repair. The motor on the lathe took a crap this evening. Sounded like it had a rod knocking. Found the shaft was delaminating where the front bearing is pressed on. Looking at the guts, I'd say it's been on borrowed for a bit. Also explains the issue I had yesterday where the motor took several flips of power switch before it started up (just like a flat spot on a starter in a car).

View attachment 269072
    View attachment 269074View attachment 269073
    Electric-Motors

These people are my friends.
    Well ok, not really friends but they take my money!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Need the soil temperature to be above 50 degrees for the mushrooms to pop..... probably another week.

I'm still in my sleeping bag. Non-insulated cabins get cool on a 40 degree night.
    The day holds promise !
    We measured 50 in soybean stubble Sunday morning.
    Cornstalks are cooler and wetter.
    Woods maybe even more so.
    But getting close!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I wonder if there's a local shop that could rebuild the motor.
    Going to use an extra motor I had from the mill. It's for the horizontal portion of the mill that I'll never use. It's 3-phase just like the vertical mill motor, so I can run power to it from my VFD. Have a pulley on order. This will give me variable speed control by using the knob on the VFD. Downside is I need to fabricate a new bracket to mount the motor on the lathe. Might need Rusty's help.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This one is interesting....https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/cz-p10c.534515/#post-9524851
    I'm not a fan of the rear sight Location on that one. I had a G30 milled like that and didn't like the setup. Plus, that rear sight blocks a big area of the rmr window

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom