THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Wow, it sure has been a busy weekend. Even with just taking the day today to focus on family and some personal introspection, it's been a full weekend. Now, where did I leave my bourbon glass...
    Bid that trashed P229 up to $555 and then went to order some bases for the ballpark and missed the end of the auction. My $600 max might have bought it. Oh well....they made others...

1681091056419.png

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Decided to take a drive down to Honey Creek Tackle this afternoon. Intended to possibly pick up a new reel, but they are getting out of carrying my preferred baitcasting brand of reels (Lew's). Was initially excited when I saw the 35% off all Lew's reels until I saw they only had 3 and all were left handed.

Strolled back to the gun area and asked about if they had any SA-35's in stock... Which they did! One in the case and one in the back that was on hold for another customer. They had a great price on the one in the case (better than MSRP by a good bit). Apparently the one being held back which had just come in had a higher price as their distributor had increased prices but HCT to their credit didn't increase price on the one in the case (still new). And here's the kicker, I even offered them a bit less than it was tagged and they said good to go. Couldn't leave it there for the price I got it at, given what MSRP is on these now.

Score.

I'll get some pics here later.

Need to order some mags. Wasn't aware these shipped with one mag.

And then decide on some grips.

Anybody know if the front strap on these has enough meat to checker? Otherwise I may have to look at some of the Hogue wrap arounds (always liked thr look of the old style Pachmayr grips on the practical models).

Haven't bought a NIB gun in quite some time.
    Nice score, they probably have enough thickness to checker but for HP's that still only means 40 or 50 lpi, very fine checkering. Stippling looks very good on HP's and is what is usually done.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Went to Scheels to try to sell a gun and ended up coming home with this. Lightly used and has the threaded barrel option, case, stuff, and the 3 mags.

IDLzq5dl.jpg

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I wish they had a Scheels around here. Stopped at the one in Rapid City a few years back.
    The first thing I do when I go in there is check the used guns, they always have some nice deals. The one I pass by in Iowa by Coralville/Iowa City even has a special room for the $$ guns which is nice to look at, Hannabones probably been there.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The first thing I do when I go in there is check the used guns, they always have some nice deals. The one I pass by in Iowa by Coralville/Iowa City even has a special room for the $$ guns which is nice to look at, Hannabones probably been there.
    I visited one in Fargo several years ago during a work trip. Was an interesting place. They were doing some kind of store reset/inventory at the time so place was a bit disrupted, but I could still see the potential.

That said, Sportsman's Warehouse opening soon in Brownsburg and n Academy being planned for Avon, will still be a vast improvement over what we have had last several years.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom