THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm enjoying all of this Phantom talk. Mine has been on my hip for the last day or so. For a full size gun, it carries really well. What was the old light beer tag line? All the taste, half the calories.

OK, I didn't mean to compare a Phantom to light beer. It does give everything you love about a full size gun but without the weight penalty.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Good evening, CZ friends.

Some of you might know that I've always wanted a Shadow 2 Orange. What is the consensus on the one in the classies? I have the wife's blessing. It looks good to me but wanted to ask you guys. If you'd rather PM me, that's fine.:)

Ad for reference:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I will be in the merrier for a phantom asap. I keep thinking snot the one I passed up in December when I picked up my s&w 39
    I’m gonna try to get the mags to drop. I’ll see what I think of it after that - I think I’ll like it, for all the great reasons 88 waxed so eloquently above from a beer commercial - pretty much spot on.
    But it won’t go anywhere soon.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    You guys are prolific, i've been away so I was about 30 pages behind! I had to go to a 4 day army thing at Fort Custer in Michigan near Battle Creek and Kalamazoo, hadn't been there in years. I did get to do the new army qualification for the first time though, I like it. The old one was 20 rds prone supported, 10 rds prone unsupported and 10 rds kneeling. The new one consists of firing one round standing unsupported then going prone unsupported for the next nine, change magazines and 10 prone supported, move to supported kneeling for ten, and standing supported for 10 rds. The overall qual is still forty rounds but goes faster as you do all magazine changes on your own unprompted now. The number of targets at one time has increased too so less wait time waiting for pop-ups. Some iterations will have 2, 3 and up to four targets present. In true military fashion though it was in the 20's and freezing rain with muddy wet shooting positions. We did get new M4A1's and Aimpoint Comp M5's though.
    They still have the WW2 barracks there with the stainless horse troughs urinals and the commune krappers?? “Hey, I need toilet paper down here!!! Ok, just give the rest of us a warning order….so we can turn when you wipe your arse!!!” We all have to smell it just don’t wanna see it, especially the guy RIGHT NEXT TO YOU, because there were no stalls. I remember qualifying there. It was cold as hell. Luckily one guy brought firewood for the old, uninsulated WW2 barracks we stayed in. Camp Custer…..brings back “the 11b suck”….if it ain’t raining, we ain’t training!!!!
    :patriot: :patriot:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Hurts my heart to hear you down on yourself, T. What can I do to help?
    Kick me in the nuts and slap me around a little. Maybe I'll quit being such a pansy ass. Or I'll just cry and go eat more ice cream.

Positive note. Lathe made it home. Seller was a stellar individual. We talked for 1.5hrs until dark. CM would have liked him. Car guy and gun guy. Cool garage full of cool projects all over.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Kick me in the nuts and slap me around a little. Maybe I'll quit being such a pansy ass. Or I'll just cry and go eat more ice cream.

Positive note. Lathe made it home. Seller was a stellar individual. We talked for 1.5hrs until dark. CM would have liked him. Car guy and gun guy. Cool garage full of cool projects all over.

Can I get in on this action, Spicy ? 0830 can do the slappin', and I can do the talkin'.
    The important thing is ..... we need you to feel good about yourself, because we feel good about you !

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi

Some ice cream and time to just purge emotions that have built up inside of us is absolutely needed sometimes. Know that we’re not just avatars online. There’s a lot of people here and I’m sure in your life, That love you and are proud of you. That being said, life gets to you sometimes, we’re here when you need us.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Funny short story, I watched a video on YT about nachos and of course have been craving them ever since. I decided to cheat a little last night on my "diet" and grabbed the stuff I needed to make nachos. On the way home I grabbed a 6 pack of Corona, which is what I like to have with Mexican food. Got home, made the nachos and went to grab a beer and realized I had grabbed a 6 pack of little tiny bottles of Corona :( Darn thing was only like 7oz. A couple of swallows and it was gone. Almost grabbed a second one, but figured I'd already blown the heck out of my diet stuffing my face with nachos, so I let it go... :):

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Funny short story, I watched a video on YT about nachos and of course have been craving them ever since. I decided to cheat a little last night on my "diet" and grabbed the stuff I needed to make nachos. On the way home I grabbed a 6 pack of Corona, which is what I like to have with Mexican food. Got home, made the nachos and went to grab a beer and realized I had grabbed a 6 pack of little tiny bottles of Corona :( Darn thing was only like 7oz. A couple of swallows and it was gone. Almost grabbed a second one, but figured I'd already blown the heck out of my diet stuffing my face with nachos, so I let it go... :):
    7oz diet beers. We'd buy Little Kings and 7oz Miller High Life and fling the bottles out the sunroof at signs on the way home.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    They still have the WW2 barracks there with the stainless horse troughs urinals and the commune krappers?? “Hey, I need toilet paper down here!!! Ok, just give the rest of us a warning order….so we can turn when you wipe your arse!!!” We all have to smell it just don’t wanna see it, especially the guy RIGHT NEXT TO YOU, because there were no stalls. I remember qualifying there. It was cold as hell. Luckily one guy brought firewood for the old, uninsulated WW2 barracks we stayed in. Camp Custer…..brings back “the 11b suck”….if it ain’t raining, we ain’t training!!!!
    :patriot: :patriot:
    All those WW2 barracks are still there but post-9/11 all these NG places got a lot of upgrades, no looking at your neighbor anymore lol. We did a 12 mile road march the following day but at least the weather cooperated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Camhickey
    Top Bottom