THE CZickness L....Celebrating 50 threads with CZs, gunsmoke and serious discussion....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Concerning the Phantom I picked up not dropping mags out... the googler led me to many conversations stating that factory Phantom mags, as well as the 16 round Meg Gars, will drop out, and others do not.

I tried 18 different mags last night, and "one" dropped out like it should. It was in the new batch of mags just purchased from the link in here from Dadsmith, and it was "identical" to about 8 other new ones and some used ones too.

I didn't get the calipers out yet, but will. I also plan on using some ID hole gauges to see if there's a certain tight spot in the magwell. I keep thinking some heat could remedy this problem, but potentially cause a lot of others.

Kinda disappointed...
    I Can take that disappointment of your hands…

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'm there with you in some ways. I struggle to not define myself by the job, but you can't. Too many external factors there. Need to keep the job going enough to fund life.

Warmer weather coming, and I just need to get my back to cooperate with being able to do some walking with fishing gear, and other activities.

That said, you seem to be digging into some new things and learning and developing skills in new areas, so sounds like you are doing more than surfing the couch, eating bon bons and watching TV.
    It may look and sound like I'm doing amazing stuff, but in reality I'm just screwing around occasionally in a leisurely fashion because I'm bored. But too lazy to get really serious about it. I gave up looking for a new career. Too much effort. Story of my life, about 50% effort and then coast or give up entirely. Always been this way. Wandering aimlessly from one squirrel to the next.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    How does that hold up for you guys? Y’all do rifle qual way different. Sounds like it’d equate to high sharpshooter/ low expert for us

Supported prone, is that new , or have y’all had that for a while?

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Can't seem to break the cycle.
    Cycling is a good place to start. It’s fun, low impact and good cardio. You can take it at your own pace and intensity. Start with short, fun, leisurely rides and work your way up as you’re comfortable. Taking family rides can also be a great way to spend time with the family. We got bikes when our kids were young with a pull behind kiddie trailer. Now all the kids ride and we often take short family rides when the weather is nice.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    It may look and sound like I'm doing amazing stuff, but in reality I'm just screwing around occasionally in a leisurely fashion because I'm bored. But too lazy to get really serious about it. I gave up looking for a new career. Too much effort. Story of my life, about 50% effort and then coast or give up entirely. Always been this way. Wandering aimlessly from one squirrel to the next.
    No gloomy doomy sunshine. You are doing something, and that's better than nothing.

I have been fickle my whole life. I've found, for at least part of me, that it's not the passion for "that one thing" that drives me. It's just passion. The excitement of an interest, even if only for a brief while. I don't have to dive into the deep at any one subject. I dabble all over the place. A master at none, apprentice at many.

Even if you don't find the most harmonious, precise hobby/job/passion for you, take pride in that you do possess the spark and bravery to give something new a try. Again, better than most. And I can speak for not only myself, saying that if anyone gives something the attention to detail it's you. Keep searching. Maybe you're the best interpretive dance performer we've ever seen.

Good luck, and you'll always have our Czupport no matter what goes into your spreadsheet.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Cycling is a good place to start. It’s fun, low impact and good cardio. You can take it at your own pace and intensity. Start with short, fun, leisurely rides and work your way up as you’re comfortable. Taking family rides can also be a great way to spend time with the family. We got bikes when our kids were young with a pull behind kiddie trailer. Now all the kids ride and we often take short family rides when the weather is nice.
    I may start riding the bike my daughter left behind here at home during her most recent move off campus. It's not a completely girly bike and will as you say be a low impact way to get some movement in.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Good morning/evening all. Nevermind my incoherent ramblings today. I think I'm borderline hallucinating. Coffee or die. Twice.

All packed up and ready to go in the morning (off work tonight). Our group has decided on tower ridge East of Maumee/Houston. Hopefully find some morels! If it's not flooded. The bottoms sure will be near Salt Creek.

Screenshot_20230406-182450~2.png

Firehawk

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Ha, the only way you can really tell it's a "girl's" bike is that the frame bar has a dip in it (which will just make it easier for me to get on and off the thing). It's blue and is kind of a cruiser. But I may have to get some tassels to spif it up a bit.
    That doesn’t really make it a “girls” bike. Often unisex bikes are built that way. No one will notice and no one will care. So ride that thing!

Edit: Actually the lower bar is nice so you don’t rack yourself when you come forward off the seat because your kid slammed their brakes on in front of you to look at a wild bunny. Ahem… speaking hypothetically of course.

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Ha, the only way you can really tell it's a "girl's" bike is that the frame bar has a dip in it (which will just make it easier for me to get on and off the thing). It's blue and is kind of a cruiser. But I may have to get some tassels to spif it up a bit.
    Relax, the Supreme Court said it was fine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom