wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That sucks.

Yeah. I really shouldn't be too worried. I passed the background check to get my current job, which I hear is a very thorough check. I just really want out of my current job, especially since my coworker just turned in his notice and I don't want his work distributed to me... :):

You had to know those things you did way back in Tijuana would come back to haunt you someday.

:lmfao:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My job situation has recently changed. I have decided to stay at the same place, as the day came closer to leaving it became harder to think about the idea of giving it up and the other option is not ready to happen. They gave me a pretty big raise (it's nothing like retirement, but it'll do) which didn't hurt the idea... I'm still having fun and that's all that matters.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    My job situation has recently changed. I have decided to stay at the same place, as the day came closer to leaving it became harder to think about the idea of giving it up and the other option is not ready to happen. They gave me a pretty big raise (it's nothing like retirement, but it'll do) which didn't hurt the idea... I'm still having fun and that's all that matters.

Congrats Rusty! Sounds like they've shown you how much they value having you as an employee.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That is a tough wait even though you know it should come back fine you still sweat it. They don't get in a hurry either.

Exactly. I'm about 90% sure I have the job, as the hiring manager has already said he wants me, contingent upon the results of the background check, but I have to wait for the official word from HR. Also have to ensure they plan to meet my salary expectations, which the recruiter has said shouldn't be a problem. Mostly worrying just to worry, but it's still nerve wracking.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    Exactly. I'm about 90% sure I have the job, as the hiring manager has already said he wants me, contingent upon the results of the background check, but I have to wait for the official word from HR. Also have to ensure they plan to meet my salary expectations, which the recruiter has said shouldn't be a problem. Mostly worrying just to worry, but it's still nerve wracking.

Contemplating switching jobs is always rather stressful.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom