Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I think that they're on to you BA. I can see it now, at the sellers shop.
    Guy 1 says, 'You shipping that compact to Indiana?'
    Guy 2 says 'Sort of. I'll send him a P01 and odds are he'll keep it and buy the compact a second time'.
    Guy 1 says: 'why do you think he'll keep it?'.
    Guy 2 replies: 'Because I'm on INGO and think we're dealing with BA'.
    Guy 1 then says: 'Hey, send him a transitional for the return and maybe he'll buy all 3'.

Yup, that's how I see the conversation having gone down.
    It's scary how accurate that probably is.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I apologize for the terrible picture.

IMG_0784_zpsphyxcf33.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    No response at all from Palmetto State Armory. I did some more digging into their customer service, or lack there of, apparently average email response time is around 8 days... Doesn't sound like they will be getting anymore of my money going forward. I tried giving them a second chance, I will continue waiting for a response. Not holding my breath. I think I've figured out their game though. Biggest complaint from them has always been slow shipping. I'm convinced that they are slow to ship because the products are not built yet. They list them online and build after the orders are in. Why else would the upper I ordered which was "in stock" be canceled due to a "manufacturing issue"?
    While this didn't happen to me personally, it bothers me that one of my brothers is having to deal with this. I do remember that they used to have a disclaimer in red lettering at the bottom of the product description that stated it would take like 10-15 business days to build. Haven't seen that disclaimer in awhile, but yeah they are more than likely build to order. Probably put one together for the pictures and the ad, then build them as they get ordered. They probably had an inventory issue when they got to your order and realized they didn't have any enough of one of the parts (probably the barrel or handguard). I am curious to see their response as well. Depending on how this plays out, it could make me decide to rid myself of anything PSA that I have. I've been wanting to upgrade anyways.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have had a few PSA builds. They were OK rifles for the price point. Beyond that they were just OK rifles for the price point.
    I had the same issues RH is having with the last 2 I built up. The responses were never to come from my inquiry's as to why funds had been pulled and no product was on my front porch. This has happened with other on line store. Sportsmans guide comes to mind. I will not do business this way.
    I have no desire for anything PSA anymore. If that is what fits your budget and needs so be it. The product is not in any way special enough to warrant this.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning T-dogg.
    Per our discussion about Mag followers I have done a search but come up empty on those mags.
    I will just upgrade to P-Mag offerings for that rifle (oops pistol) as funds allow.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Good morning fellas. My streak has ended... I went three nights in a row getting a full 8 hours of sleep a night. Was marvelous. Perhaps it had to do with not being involved on INGO? You guys cause me not to sleep.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    While this didn't happen to me personally, it bothers me that one of my brothers is having to deal with this. I do remember that they used to have a disclaimer in red lettering at the bottom of the product description that stated it would take like 10-15 business days to build. Haven't seen that disclaimer in awhile, but yeah they are more than likely build to order. Probably put one together for the pictures and the ad, then build them as they get ordered. They probably had an inventory issue when they got to your order and realized they didn't have any enough of one of the parts (probably the barrel or handguard). I am curious to see their response as well. Depending on how this plays out, it could make me decide to rid myself of anything PSA that I have. I've been wanting to upgrade anyways.
    I would certainly not ask any of you to do this because of my issues, but I am considering the same. It will take some time as it seems there aren't a whole lot of people building 20" A2 stuff... And the "fire extinguisher" will be a one off if it comes to a rebuild.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would certainly not ask any of you to do this because of my issues, but I am considering the same. It will take some time as it seems there aren't a whole lot of people building 20" A2 stuff... And the "fire extinguisher" will be a one off if it comes to a rebuild.

Its a "One Off" right now.....:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom