Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Sounds like you're on a roll Tom. I've thought about the G17 over the years, but just never could warm up to it. I ended up selling both of my G19s and don't regret it. Nice guns, but they never clicked for me. My G23 is a different story though. I liked that gun right from the start. No plans on selling it yet, but for whatever reason, it felt uncomfortable to shoot the last time I took it out. It was beating up a couple of knuckles pretty bad.

So, what's on everyone's plan for 2017? Let's see, last year I think I said that 2016 was going to be a year focused on training and possibly selling a couple of guns off to reduce the collection. At the beginning of October last year, I think we had 4 CZs and a clone in the collection. 2016 didn't work out quite as I had expected though and instead of training, the CZ collection grew to 12 CZs and 2 clones, none of which I'd consider selling right now. All are good and only one is waiting on CGW parts. I'm not sure where 2017 will take me now. Maybe 2017 is the year I focus on other hobbies instead of throwing my hobby budget at the steel targets at MCFG.

Things never seem to go as planned. I never could have foreseen how this year would turn out gun-wise.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Sounds like you're on a roll Tom. I've thought about the G17 over the years, but just never could warm up to it. I ended up selling both of my G19s and don't regret it. Nice guns, but they never clicked for me. My G23 is a different story though. I liked that gun right from the start. No plans on selling it yet, but for whatever reason, it felt uncomfortable to shoot the last time I took it out. It was beating up a couple of knuckles pretty bad.

So, what's on everyone's plan for 2017? Let's see, last year I think I said that 2016 was going to be a year focused on training and possibly selling a couple of guns off to reduce the collection. At the beginning of October last year, I think we had 4 CZs and a clone in the collection. 2016 didn't work out quite as I had expected though and instead of training, the CZ collection grew to 12 CZs and 2 clones, none of which I'd consider selling right now. All are good and only one is waiting on CGW parts. I'm not sure where 2017 will take me now. Maybe 2017 is the year I focus on other hobbies instead of throwing my hobby budget at the steel targets at MCFG.

Yeah, one of the biggest regrets I have on gun deals was passing on the OD green G23 IGM sold a year or two ago. Had the gun, several mags and a LW 9mm barrel for it. Fantastic gun. I love the old OD green frame G****'s. The G17 will ostensibly be for the wife, but I may shoot IDPA with it. When I shot IDPA 2 years ago, I was using my G34, which I've since sold. I think the G17 will be a good replacement for it, especially with the trigger job by Charlie. That's if I don't just use my Legion instead. I like to have options though ;)

My plan is to again get some training. Planning to take a 3 day class with a buddy in June. That should be fun. Otherwise, when it comes to buying and selling, all I can say is :dunno:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    That 85 might look like crap now but it could turn into this....

IMG_0740_zpsswnaiiys.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I need to focus on shooting for the sheer enjoyment of shooting with the next gun purchase. I think I'm covered in that area on the handgun side but could always add something like a Colt Peacemaker clone for fun. Better though, would be to add something to the rifle side of the collection that would seriously challenge my pitiful skill level with a rifle. Something in .308 that would be more accurate than I could hope to live up to might be fun.

On a down side, my plans of working from home today are quickly evaporating. I think that my work laptop died. I tried to boot it earlier this morning and the video was all garbled. Then, when I tried to restart, it just won't boot now, so it looks like I'll have to head into the office on a crappy rainy day after all. Ughhh! That laptop is only a couple of months old.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I need to focus on shooting for the sheer enjoyment of shooting with the next gun purchase. I think I'm covered in that area on the handgun side but could always add something like a Colt Peacemaker clone for fun. Better though, would be to add something to the rifle side of the collection that would seriously challenge my pitiful skill level with a rifle. Something in .308 that would be more accurate than I could hope to live up to might be fun.

On a down side, my plans of working from home today are quickly evaporating. I think that my work laptop died. I tried to boot it earlier this morning and the video was all garbled. Then, when I tried to restart, it just won't boot now, so it looks like I'll have to head into the office on a crappy rainy day after all. Ughhh! That laptop is only a couple of months old.

Stop throwing it against the wall.......:):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom