• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Was able to try out the pistol today. Tired some different ammo and it was doing the same thing. I brought along another bcg out of my other rifle and swapped it in. Worked perfect. T-DOGG mentioned o-rings and extractor springs, I had no idea what he was talking about. Pulled the bolts down and the one that was functioning had an o-ring, the other didn't. I will grab an o-ring tomorrow and see if that fixes it later this week.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Was able to try out the pistol today. Tired some different ammo and it was doing the same thing. I brought along another bcg out of my other rifle and swapped it in. Worked perfect. T-DOGG mentioned o-rings and extractor springs, I had no idea what he was talking about. Pulled the bolts down and the one that was functioning had an o-ring, the other didn't. I will grab an o-ring tomorrow and see if that fixes it later this week.

"O" rings.....???
    Are you talking about the bolt gas rings that look like piston rings from a model airplane engine...???

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I run them in mine. I think that the BCG in Colt SP1 even has an O-ring but that might have been added by a user sometime in it's past.

My oldest son came up from Bloomington late this afternoon and we did a quick range trip out to MCFG. He was wanting to practice a bit and I wanted to test the P07/40. I put another successful 50 rounds through the P07 and shot it reasonably well. The gun feels good with just the right amount of spice to the recoil. I had brought two other guns along, both G****s. One was my G23 and the other the G30. I was looking at my G23 today and wondering why I don't just carry that as a winter gun. I've shot that gun a lot and have always liked it. It's an easy gun to carry and disappears when concealed. The issue has been that when I've shot it a couple of times this year, it felt more harsh than I had remembered it being. So, today was the perfect day to run it back to back against the P07 to see what feels better to me. After a bit of shooting, the P07 came away clearly better than the G23. It still has a harsh feeling so it was not just a passing thing. So now I'm thinking that I might have another one on the block come next spring. I've always loved that gun and if the love has not come back next spring, then I'll just accept the fact that my tastes have changed and it's time to move the old girl along to a new home. It's sad since that gun has a CharlieCo. worked trigger and the reset is darn near 1911 in feel. There's almost zero reset travel on it.

BTW, the G30 felt great, but it's a .45 so of course it felt great.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Let me know the time and place. I'll bring the tavor. It's a fun gun.

Either of the Point Blank locations would work. Saturday mornings usually work for me if we go right at 8am when they open. Otherwise 10am Sunday morning should work fine as well. I'm open this weekend, though I would have to run quickly afterwards on Saturday as I'm meeting friends at 11:00 on the north side. Otherwise the week before Christmas works, too. I have that Friday off (the 23rd), so am open all day that day. Let me know what you were thinking. I'll bring my sweetheart of a CZ 75 compact for you to try as well :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have been out looking at parts break downs on the BCG's and not 1 shows an O ring on the BCG anywhere.
    Admittedly I have only changed out maybe 2 extractors possibly 3 but never seen an "O" ring.

Now I will have to pull one apart tomorrow and look.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    We will figure something out. I could probably do during a weekday too.

Just let me know. I work from home occasionally and that gives me a lot of flexibility. If a day works for you meeting in Greenwood for lunch, I could do that. Couldn't meet at the Carmel location though as it would be too long of a drive for lunch time. I also have that one Friday off, the 23rd. Keep that info in mind and let me know when you want to give it a try ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom