Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Yep, I get it. Our company's biggest issue is that management blows. They don't manage. They're all dumped with tons of "very important work", but don't have time to keep track of what the employees are doing and rarely help the employees with their issues (training, advancement, etc). Then they want to implement things like geographical work zones. We're a nation wide company. Instead of having the whole nation to draw talent from, now they want to limit the talent to 4 locations. They want to stop people from working from home as much, mostly because the managers don't know what their people are doing, so they feel that if they're working from home they aren't accountable. Ugh, I better stop before I really get upset... :):
    Well I can see you're having a difficult time as well, sorry to hear this. One final thing I will mention, I find it hilarious that my company has said numerous times that my position is the most difficult one in the company, yet somehow I have the least amount of support in the company. As a company, you think you would take care of the heart of your operation, and quit worrying so much about the damn face.

My rant is over this morning, I have to get ready for work now. Have a good day Tom and the rest of you folks.

Oh and Hi Rusty, thanks for the kind words last night, sorry I didn't reply to your lasts texts, I nodded off on the couch.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well I can see you're having a difficult time as well, sorry to hear this. One final thing I will mention, I find it hilarious that my company has said numerous times that my position is the most difficult one in the company, yet somehow I have the least amount of support in the company. As a company, you think you would take care of the heart of your operation, and quit worrying so much about the damn face.

My rant is over this morning, I have to get ready for work now. Have a good day Tom and the rest of you folks.

Oh and Hi Rusty, thanks for the kind words last night, sorry I didn't reply to your lasts texts, I nodded off on the couch.

Yep, same here. Done whining for the day, at least until I get into work... :laugh:

Hope everyone has a great day!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Corporate weenies are very much like the libs in the last election. They don't ask any questions because they are convinced they already know all the answers. Then, they are dumbfounded when things don't work out their way. They then look to assign blame knowing it has to be someone else's fault.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Sorry to hear about the work situation T-D. This is probably not the thread to talk about this subject on, but one thing that's helped me over the years is practicing Buddhism (I'm a Catholic by birth). Not as a religion, but as a method of regaining control over my thought process. Having the ability to shut the mind's constant conversation off has helped me hugely. It's not the answer to everything, but it does make coping with tough situations more bearable.

On a CZ note (imagine discussing CZs in this thread!), I found that a WWII M7 type shoulder holster fits a P07 and P09 perfectly. I think this is going to become my standard rig when out in the snow for any length of time. I tend to wear it more in the M3 style than the M7 style, but it works either way. I'm guessing that an M3 type holster would work fine too. I think I paid less than $30 for this one as an unassembled kit.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Also on the subject of CZs, I'm really coming to like the Talon Grip tapes in rubber on the P07s. I have a set in the rough texture on the 9mm P09 that are amazingly grippy, but maybe too much so for carry. The rubber are just right though. I'm planning on ordering a set for my P09/40 once the Christmas season has settled down.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Morning, 88.

Thats an interesting perspective, I always wonder what others turn to to get away. I turn to music when I'm feeling stressed or lost. Doesn't really matter what kind, usually all have one thing in common, it's loud. Sometimes it's only music while I just sit and listen, others it's accompanied by an activity such as driving or building something.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That is why I have no desire to be part of a bigger company.

The larger the company, the stronger the politics. Actually, the larger any organization is, the more profound the impact of politics. BA sitting at a bar has a zero political agenda. CM sits down and the only agenda is who gets to pay for the next round. WTB walks in and suddenly you get the first hint of politics as CM tries to convince him to seek happiness through a 1911 centric life. All the while BA is doing the same thing from a CZ centered view of the world. In the end, WTB buys another Sig and it gets quiet until Rusty shows up where by the gun type politics fire up for real. People keep showing up and by the end of the night, there are two or three tables set up as camps form and people coalesce. Except, in a gun culture, we all tend to respect each other's view and don't care too much what others shoot so the politics never happen.

That is why everybody should own guns. They eliminate politics!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Taking this week off from shooting. Might take next week off as well. I got my BD and 85 Combat back from the Wizard. The BD is now fully upgraded and ready for testing. The 85 Combat was already good to go. I should go shoot them but I'm just not feeling it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The larger the company, the stronger the politics. Actually, the larger any organization is, the more profound the impact of politics. BA sitting at a bar has a zero political agenda. CM sits down and the only agenda is who gets to pay for the next round. WTB walks in and suddenly you get the first hint of politics as CM tries to convince him to seek happiness through a 1911 centric life. All the while BA is doing the same thing from a CZ centered view of the world. In the end, WTB buys another Sig and it gets quiet until Rusty shows up where by the gun type politics fire up for real. People keep showing up and by the end of the night, there are two or three tables set up as camps form and people coalesce. Except, in a gun culture, we all tend to respect each other's view and don't care too much what others shoot so the politics never happen.

That is why everybody should own guns. They eliminate politics!

Iamgoingtobemullingthisoverallday.....:cool:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The cold can do strange things to a person, but I would never have believed that it could turn BA off of shooting a Cajunized CZ, even for a week or two. Mother Nature packs a strong punch!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom