• Status
    Not open for further replies.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Currently doing automotive restoration work. "Retirement" will be similar work, just adding a lot more things, with my old man in our own little place. I have interest in a lot of different things and it's not often that I won't attempt something different. There are lots of things relating to this gun hobby that I'd like to get into as well. I'm just gonna hop on that train and see how long the ride is.

Very cool. I always wanted to work with cars but I didn't want my hobby to turn into work. Good luck in this new venture.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    8000!

Normally, the third weekend in January is pretty quiet. It is also sometimes pretty cold too. If it were under 15 degrees, with blowing snow, it would be perfect for getting a Finnish Mosin out. I imagine an M1 Carbine or two has seen some winter action before too. Heck, maybe even a Nagant revolver or 1911 could be coaxed out of the safe on a cold winter day.

8 K :rockwoot:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Very cool. I always wanted to work with cars but I didn't want my hobby to turn into work. Good luck in this new venture.
    I've been able to balance it well. That's why my "toy" is a beater. I play with really nice stuff all day long, being able to leave and then go relieve some stress in something I don't have to worry about scratching, is nice. Thank you.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning BA.

I would love to stay home today, or hit the range. I need some serious stress relief. Damn near walked out on my job yesterday, I'm really struggling with life right now. Great pay and benefits, but want to throat punch people all day long, especially annoying corporate f***tards who walk around with their fancy tablets asking me 5 billion questions about what I'm doing while I'm doing it under stress.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thanks Tom, but it's been this way for over 3 years now. I'm stuck in a job I don't want, but have bills to pay so....

I understand. I love what I do and have a seriously low stress job, but can't seem to move forward, which is why I'm looking to move elsewhere. If things go well, I'll get a lot more experience along with a lot more pay. Keeping my fingers crossed. The company I'm working for now is starting to implement a lot of things that I don't agree with, so it's just as well that I'm moving on. Not sure if that's possible for you, or not? If not, the best I can say is that you need more gunpowder therapy... :ar15:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I understand. I love what I do and have a seriously low stress job, but can't seem to move forward, which is why I'm looking to move elsewhere. If things go well, I'll get a lot more experience along with a lot more pay. Keeping my fingers crossed. The company I'm working for now is starting to implement a lot of things that I don't agree with, so it's just as well that I'm moving on. Not sure if that's possible for you, or not? If not, the best I can say is that you need more gunpowder therapy... :ar15:
    Yeah that has been part of the problem this year, the company has been implementing new policies and procedures that do new nothing to correct the fundamental issues we are having. They're really starting to reflect current trends in this country that I don't agree with. It's ALL about money, being politically correct, don't offend anyone, and overwork good employees while maintaining a skeleton crew. These high up corporate bean counters need to spend one week next to me at the service counter and see what I deal with daily, instead of worrying about piddly crap all day.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yeah that has been part of the problem this year, the company has been implementing new policies and procedures that do new nothing to correct the fundamental issues we are having. They're really starting to reflect current trends in this country that I don't agree with. It's ALL about money, being politically correct, don't offend anyone, and overwork good employees while maintaining a skeleton crew. These high up corporate bean counters need to spend one week next to me at the service counter and see what I deal with daily, instead of worrying about piddly crap all day.

Yep, I get it. Our company's biggest issue is that management blows. They don't manage. They're all dumped with tons of "very important work", but don't have time to keep track of what the employees are doing and rarely help the employees with their issues (training, advancement, etc). Then they want to implement things like geographical work zones. We're a nation wide company. Instead of having the whole nation to draw talent from, now they want to limit the talent to 4 locations. They want to stop people from working from home as much, mostly because the managers don't know what their people are doing, so they feel that if they're working from home they aren't accountable. Ugh, I better stop before I really get upset... :):

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Hang in there Dogg. Are they interested in the opinions and suggestions of the level headed employees? The employees are the strength of any organization and when they stop caring it is the beginning of the slow ride to destruction.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom