• Status
    Not open for further replies.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    My only shotgun is an 870 Wingmaster circa 1974. It is well worn in and the action is as smoothe as butter. Like maan said, not great for clays. It works but not ideal. I shoot clays probably once a week so an upgrade would be nice. An over under would be nice for that.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My only shotgun is an 870 Wingmaster circa 1974. It is well worn in and the action is as smoothe as butter. Like maan said, not great for clays. It works but not ideal. I shoot clays probably once a week so an upgrade would be nice. An over under would be nice for that.
    I sold a circa 1986 Wingmaster 870 last year to a buddy. Loved that gun, but he wanted it more... I no longer have a place to shoot a shotgun, so it doesn't make sense for me, even though I love shooting them... I really miss my old Ithaca 37, sold that one earlier this year to an INGOer.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    The older Wingmasters are just awesome, especially when they have been used a lot. My parents own some property that is large enough to do some shooting on so it's easy for me to just hop over there when I get the itch to blow stuff up.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hey, back from the range. Cold would be an apt description of the morning's theme. I planned on running through 150 rounds, with 100 in .40 and 50 in .45 but ended up doing 50 and 25 before I decided to pack it in. The 50 rounds through the P07/40 with the new mag were flawless though. More range trips like that and it will earn it's way into a holster. I decided to shoot the K2 and the G21 to get a feel for how they compare, both being big bore, big capacity .45s. The K2 shot very well, but overall, I shot the G21 much much better. The G21 has some trigger mods as well as a SS guide rod and heavier recoil spring, so maybe that's what makes it feel good, but it has near zero recoil. The K2 is nice, but the G21 feels like shooting a 9mm through a full size steel 75B. All were shot with gloved hands and thank God for big trigger guards.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Oh, on a side note, I am really liking the Talon rubber grip tapes on the P07. They don't make them for the early P07, which both of mine are, so I ordered the mid size strap grip tapes and only needed to put a relief cut in the back strap piece to get an otherwise perfect fit. Before the grip tape, the gun depended on an aggressive texture for grip where as now, it is just all naturally grippy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom