Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'm going to have to add an AR stripped lower to the collection next year. I'd like to build either a tribute rifle to the A2 or something that is similar but with a 20 inch barrel. How do the Aero lowers stack up in terms of quality?
    I had one recently on an 18" build. Really good quality, they have some nice features you don't see on some of the others. A shop local to me has them for $69 and I think that's a much better deal than the Andersons for not much more money. I'd say the Aeros are on par with my Spikes lowers.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Here is 2 of my recent buys that I did this weekend. On the left is a Russian built VEPR FM-AK47-11 and on the right is a CZ Scorpion Carbine with a faux Suppressor. It also has a Primary Arms Red Dot. Also picked up 2 INGO Lowers...
    When I was contemplating trades on the Legion, I seriously looked at a Scorpion in person just like yours. I really dig the design of those. It just felt like it had fun written all over it. And I think you mentioned the same thing, a great HD setup as well. I'd really enjoy shooting one. By the way Greg Cote had good deals on mags for them last I checked a week or so ago.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Well Poo for real.
    The sweet RO I just built has found a new home.
    I am not showing anybody any guns anymore.....:(
    But but but he offered me this much for it...............:runaway:

:poop:......now I have to find another one..........:faint:

The cycle renews.
    Rusty just left my place with that sweet little 7" AR pistol. Damn gears in me head are a turnin......

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    When I was contemplating trades on the Legion, I seriously looked at a Scorpion in person just like yours. I really dig the design of those. It just felt like it had fun written all over it. And I think you mentioned the same thing, a great HD setup as well. I'd really enjoy shooting one. By the way Greg Cote had good deals on mags for them last I checked a week or so ago.

Your more than welcome to shoot mine...

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Just saw USDS has a few blem Aero stripped lower receivers for $78. Not a bad deal.
    I happen to know where there are some non blem for $70 OTD... You will have to make a little drive, so it may not be worth it.

Late evening folks, I'm just getting home from a lesson by my AR professor. I think I have a plan for the pistol. It's gonna be badass.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm going to have to add an AR stripped lower to the collection next year. I'd like to build either a tribute rifle to the A2 or something that is similar but with a 20 inch barrel. How do the Aero lowers stack up in terms of quality?
    Haveing just built my pistol from an Aero, I'm impressed. The rollmarks are cool. Has the screw for adjusting upper to lower fit. Very good lowers or the price.

I would always recommend a 20". Just cool and a real pleasure to shoot!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Bring it...

If you had an offer like I had on it you would have been bat:poop: crazy not to take it.
    I told him no for a while and he kept raising the anti.......damn it.
    And yet when I WANT to sell something I have to keep dropping the price. Weird right?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And yet when I WANT to sell something I have to keep dropping the price. Weird right?

Well, this happens a lot to me. I have a lot of friends that are car/gun folks.
    The fella I am building the Olds engine for came by and we naturally retired to the safe space by the "Safe" and he fell in love with the gun. Would not hand it back.
    I did have to swap the grips for a set of VZ's on another 1911.

I was really not even remotely thinking of selling it.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The fella I am building the Olds engine for came by and we naturally retired to the safe space by the "Safe" and he fell in love with the gun. Would not hand it back.

I haz a sad...... :(

Someone is trying to talk me out of some 7.62x51 ammo... Should I give in? :):

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County

I would have done the same thing...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom