88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Wow, that's nice Rusty!

Morning folks! Been out scraping ice off of driveways and may be in for the rest of the day. I got the grip safety for the Springer mil-spec build and plan on working on the frame fit. Then it will go to AllenM for sight cuts and maybe off for NibX after that. Fun stuff.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Wow, that green sure is sweet!
    2 more coats of clear, wet sand & buff it, and she will be ready for reassembly.

I so want to build a new 1970 Challenger with one of those Goodmark complete body kits... :cool:

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Ready to load up some 45acp 230gr Xtremes :rockwoot:

That's about 4000+ clean pieces of brass... been cleaning brass for the past couple weeks.
    Now I just need work & family life to slow down enough to start loading.
    45 001.JPG

Attachments

• 45 ready to load 001.JPG
      45 ready to load 001.JPG
      155.4 KB · Views: 8
    Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Just got back from Point Blank with the niece. Had a great time and now she wants a CZ P-01 :yesway:
    Ready to load up some 45acp 230gr Xtremes :rockwoot:

That's about 4000+ clean pieces of brass... been cleaning brass for the past couple weeks.
    Now I just need work & family life to slow down enough to start loading.
    View attachment 44137

Sweet, I'm getting low on .45, so we need a reloading party at your house so I can get some of the ones I pre-paid for last year... :):

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Just got back from Point Blank with the niece. Had a great time and now she wants a CZ P-01 :yesway:

Sweet, I'm getting low on .45, so we need a reloading party at your house so I can get some of the ones I pre-paid for last year... :):

Yep, those are your bullets in the open boxes front & center.
    Need to get Dave to join in too if possible.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Just got back from the range. Better prepared this time for the elements. Face mask and some nitrile gloves under the regular ones really helped. The Socom produced around 2 inch groups at 100yds with 3 kinds of soft point ammo, 150gr 168gr 180gr. It didn't care for the 2 kinds of 147gr FMJs I had on hand. I need to try some 150gr FMJ next time. I can do better with more practice and slightly better weather conditions. Overall happy with results so far.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Needed to test out the new social ammo for the cmd and wanted to get some wheel gun time in. Headed out to Hillside for a quick session, just got home. Had both my stainless Rugers out, what a beautiful day for it too! I've dubbed my cmd a Jon Wesson, TDOGG laughed at me :(........... The Federal 230 HSTs performed flawlessly, had no issues with the cmd. I did forget to bring spare mags but good thing it's what I was carrying.... Need to get the Gp100 out more, what a hoot. Some may not like a heavy double action on a revolver, but I've dry fired that thing thousands of times in the couple years since I bought it new. It's butter smooth.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Watch the classifieds.
    Won't be long before one pops up around here.
    Might also look for a PCR or a 75 compact, unless she wants a rail

She would prefer to buy new, which is what might make it more difficult. We'll have to see. If not, that's not a bad price, for sure. She definitely liked the P-01 and was a bit disappointed they weren't in stock anywhere. I'm guessing she won't be able to afford one for a couple of months, so she'll have time to look around.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    She would prefer to buy new, which is what might make it more difficult. We'll have to see. If not, that's not a bad price, for sure. She definitely liked the P-01 and was a bit disappointed they weren't in stock anywhere. I'm guessing she won't be able to afford one for a couple of months, so she'll have time to look around.

If money is an issue, maybe used is the way to go.
    New ones seem to be around $150+ more than used.
    Call down to USDS and see if they can order one or watch for a used one.
    Indy1500 is next weekend...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom