• Status
    Not open for further replies.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    Maybe that wasn't the best way to phrase it. It does feel good. BA was kind enough to give me an offer I couldn't refuse at the time. The controls and the trigger just feel awkward to me. I don't know. I guess I've got Churchmouse-itis. Buying and selling stuff like it's going out of style.

CP, if that is Birds 75 Omega, we need to talk.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    $2 - $3 more a box is a deal killer? I don't shoot .45acp so much anymore because its so expensive. But I bought 22 TCM when it was $17 a box, you can still find it for $18- $19 a box.

I've been buying .45 for ~$15 a box and that's the outer bounds for me. More than that is just more than I can reasonably afford. I have 4 calibers I'm buying right now, with .223 and .45 being the most expensive. Unless something changes with ammo prices going lower, I'm going to stick with the calibers I have, at least for now.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Maybe that wasn't the best way to phrase it. It does feel good. BA was kind enough to give me an offer I couldn't refuse at the time. The controls and the trigger just feel awkward to me. I don't know. I guess I've got Churchmouse-itis. Buying and selling stuff like it's going out of style.
    Please keep that down there. We don't need to go spreading that around.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I am just never going to rip a hole in the fabric of time/space by putting a 9mm 1911 in my safe.
    There is a very handsome one in the classy's even now. Not for me.

That one is mine, the wife says she wants to keep it so it stays. Because of you guys I just purchased a P-01, just not in my hands yet. It will go to the Wizard for a full CGW upgrade. I'll have another $1400 to spend on guns this year so what should I buy...:cool:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That one is mine, the wife says she wants to keep it so it stays. Because of you guys I just purchased a P-01, just not in my hands yet. It will go to the Wizard for a full CGW upgrade. I'll have another $1400 to spend on guns this year so what should I buy...:cool:
    Love spending other people's money! You've come to the right place. What are you into?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

You're gonna love it. I have a cajunized P-01 and it's great :D

Let's see, $1400 would get you a stainless VBOB, or a Guardian or CCO if you're looking for a good 1911. Otherwise, a cajunized SP-01 Shadow is around that price and they're pretty awesome :yesway:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    CP, are you having issues with the safety? If so, have you thought about just carrying it on the half cock notch? I am a die-hard 1911 guy that really likes the CZ platform and was having the same issue. My hands are not big enough to click the safety off without rotating the gun a smidge. BA pointed me towards just carrying on the half cock notch and that's what I've done since. It's basically carrying in the same way you would do if it were a decocker model. As much as BA hates it when I say it, the trigger pull is about the same length and weight as a tuned Glock when carried like that. Mind you, I'm not saying it's as nice as a Glock, just a similar weight and pull length.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Love spending other people's money! You've come to the right place. What are you into?

Thats the hard part, thru the years I've had a lot of different guns. If the P-01 is what people say it is, I just might have to look into another CZ. I was looking to trade the 1911 9mm on a SP-01 Tactical but as I said the wife put the brakes on that.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    You're gonna love it. I have a cajunized P-01 and it's great :D

Let's see, $1400 would get you a stainless VBOB, or a Guardian or CCO if you're looking for a good 1911. Otherwise, a cajunized SP-01 Shadow is around that price and they're pretty awesome :yesway:

I do have another 1911 in .45. I built it at Cylinder & Slide about 8 years ago

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I think the P01, properly tuned, will be a great gun for you. Don't let the sights get you down, there are upgrades for those, too.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    CP, are you having issues with the safety? If so, have you thought about just carrying it on the half cock notch? I am a die-hard 1911 guy that really likes the CZ platform and was having the same issue. My hands are not big enough to click the safety off without rotating the gun a smidge. BA pointed me towards just carrying on the half cock notch and that's what I've done since. It's basically carrying in the same way you would do if it were a decocker model. As much as BA hates it when I say it, the trigger pull is about the same length and weight as a tuned Glock when carried like that. Mind you, I'm not saying it's as nice as a Glock, just a similar weight and pull length.

I played with that arrangement as well. I'm sure it's a fine way to carry. I don't know. Just couldn't get the feel for it.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I have been deep In AR land. The safe is replenished.
    I have a Spikes stripped lower just hanging out in my safe. Haven't decided what to make out of it yet. Here are my thoughts for 2016 and these are just thoughts currently, not enough monies to act on anything yet, and no particular order.

- SP-01 in 9mm (possibly replace the Sig P320, on the fence right now on this one)
    - Semi Auto Tactical 12 gauge, thinking something that holds 8+1 capacity, Moss 930 comes to mind, removable chokes would be a plus
    - Another *yawns* AR rifle or pistol, unsure of caliber and barrel length at this point, I really don't want to build a plain jane one but Palmetto's deals are killing me right now

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom