88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Happy New Year's Eve Folks! :coffee:

This place is really rolling this morning. Hey Rusty, where are those donuts located? I've got the coffee, but my other hand is empty.

Well, 2015 is done and 2016 is about to begin. My 2016 plans are changing up a bit, but it's too early to be sure of the direction. Like lots of you have said, I'm thinking I want 2016 to be more focused on running the guns instead of aquiring them. In 2015, I've fired 7,193 rounds through the various guns, with about 96% of that being through the handguns and about 70% of the handgun ammo being .45 ACP. I'd like to top the 10,000 round mark for 2016 with more of a balance between handgun and rifle. To fund that, I am thinking about reducing the 1911 collection somewhat. Right now, there are 10 in the safe and I think I can drop that to 7 without a big impact. I may end up selling one of the WWII guns, the Ed Brown and the RIA.

One thing I'm finding is that the more I shoot the 40P, the more I like that gun. It still needs a few parts added, but right now, it feels good except for a rough double action pull and long reset. Some parts and a trip to the Wizard will fix that. I may have to add a P09 in .40 this year. That and the Scorpion Carbine would definitely add value to the current setup in home defense. But, the focus should be in shooting for me in 2016. I think I need to find money for training too.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am looking to put more rounds down range in 2016.
    I have 2 more guns coming through project work and the custom 2011 will be done sometime in late Jan. early Feb. and this will be another caliber to deal with in 10mm.

When the dust dies down from 2015 I to will assess the collection. Some trimming will be done I am sure but I still want a Shadow. Not sure why but I want one.

If and when the stamps are approved/arrive my interests will be focused on SBR's and suppressors. A suppressed SBR in .223 will be so sweet.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Happy New Year's Eve Folks! :coffee:

This place is really rolling this morning. Hey Rusty, where are those donuts located? I've got the coffee, but my other hand is empty.

Well, 2015 is done and 2016 is about to begin. My 2016 plans are changing up a bit, but it's too early to be sure of the direction. Like lots of you have said, I'm thinking I want 2016 to be more focused on running the guns instead of aquiring them. In 2015, I've fired 7,193 rounds through the various guns, with about 96% of that being through the handguns and about 70% of the handgun ammo being .45 ACP. I'd like to top the 10,000 round mark for 2016 with more of a balance between handgun and rifle. To fund that, I am thinking about reducing the 1911 collection somewhat. Right now, there are 10 in the safe and I think I can drop that to 7 without a big impact. I may end up selling one of the WWII guns, the Ed Brown and the RIA.

One thing I'm finding is that the more I shoot the 40P, the more I like that gun. It still needs a few parts added, but right now, it feels good except for a rough double action pull and long reset. Some parts and a trip to the Wizard will fix that. I may have to add a P09 in .40 this year. That and the Scorpion Carbine would definitely add value to the current setup in home defense. But, the focus should be in shooting for me in 2016. I think I need to find money for training too.
    Couple hour drive north and you can have one! I'm focusing on training and shooting more this year. Really wish you hadn't have said something about selling one of your WWII 1911s..... One of those is on my wish list, it will be awhile into the year until I could have the funds for one, but if you do decide to sell one, hit me up..

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I am looking to put more rounds down range in 2016.
    I have 2 more guns coming through project work and the custom 2011 will be done sometime in late Jan. early Feb. and this will be another caliber to deal with in 10mm.

When the dust dies down from 2015 I to will assess the collection. Some trimming will be done I am sure but I still want a Shadow. Not sure why but I want one.

If and when the stamps are approved/arrive my interests will be focused on SBR's and suppressors. A suppressed SBR in .223 will be so sweet.

I need to get to work on setting the trust up. Once that's done, the .300 Blackout pistol will become an SBR and eventually will gain a suppressor. Has anyone here setup an NFA trust? If so, how did you go about it? Any experience with the SilencerCo EasyTrust?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Couple hour drive north and you can have one! I'm focusing on training and shooting more this year. Really wish you hadn't have said something about selling one of your WWII 1911s..... One of those is on my wish list, it will be awhile into the year until I could have the funds for one, but if you do decide to sell one, hit me up..

Will do. Right now, I don't know which one I'd sell. One is a fairly nice Colt and the other is a rough Remington Rand that I run with a new barrel. Logic tells me that I should keep the Colt, but there's just something about that beat up RR that has a lot of appeal to me. Neither of them are really collector grade.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I need to get to work on setting the trust up. Once that's done, the .300 Blackout pistol will become an SBR and eventually will gain a suppressor. Has anyone here setup an NFA trust? If so, how did you go about it? Any experience with the SilencerCo EasyTrust?

My trust is set up through a lawyer.
    I understand it is the best way to go.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'll have to spend some time in the NFA threads to see who folks trust locally. I like the idea of having a lawyer do the work so I would have the same person to advise on trust issues that might arise.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'll have to spend some time in the NFA threads to see who folks trust locally. I like the idea of having a lawyer do the work so I would have the same person to advise on trust issues that might arise.

PM RobyMaq. He just had one done by an Ingo guy.
    Mine was done by a good friends Lawyer for me. I worked on his HVAC system and he did my trust. Not something he does but had the knowledge required.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    First signs of getting old are smacking me in the face... Had to make an appt with the eye doc to get checked out.. Once had 20/20 vision, I can tell it's no longer there. Shooting at distance is becoming more fuzzy. Driving at night is getting scary... Oh well, just another obstacle!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    True, but a case of Budweiser has the ability to make ugly women beautiful, if only for a couple of hours.

At one point in my life that would work. Not anymore. I can not drink that much these days.....:laugh6:

Of course, I am no Burt Reynolds (young Burt) either so it works both ways.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    First signs of getting old are smacking me in the face... Had to make an appt with the eye doc to get checked out.. Once had 20/20 vision, I can tell it's no longer there. Shooting at distance is becoming more fuzzy. Driving at night is getting scary... Oh well, just another obstacle!

It will only get worse.....trust me on this one.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

I used Grant Liston. He is INGO, but I don't see him on anymore. The whole experience was exceptional. It was accomplished in 2 or 3 emails, plus another I needed for clarification of a question one of my trustees asked. The trust arrived in a couple of days, along with the invoice.

The other two names I hear are Mark Halata, who comes very highly recommended around here, and of course, Guy Relford, who needs no introduction. I can confidently recommend Grant, based on my experience and his reputation among others who have used him. While I don't have first hand experience with the other two, I would not have a problem pointing a friend toward them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I used Grant Liston. He is INGO, but I don't see him on anymore. The whole experience was exceptional. It was accomplished in 2 or 3 emails, plus another I needed for clarification of a question one of my trustees asked. The trust arrived in a couple of days, along with the invoice.

The other two names I hear are Mark Halata, who comes very highly recommended around here, and of course, Guy Relford, who needs no introduction. I can confidently recommend Grant, based on my experience and his reputation among others who have used him. While I don't have first hand experience with the other two, I would not have a problem pointing a friend toward them.

Thanks Woobie! Excellent info.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom