• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I finally got it yesterday, and it's a great little gun. Here I am demonstrating my famous double-trigger-finger technique!

lt6111415deb2_zpspaih5w4m.jpg

Rami's Rule and you make it look that much better!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I finally got it yesterday, and it's a great little gun. Here I am demonstrating my famous double-trigger-finger technique!

lt6111415deb2_zpspaih5w4m.jpg

When I spotted you double fingering the trigger at the range I was amazed how accurately you shot the guns.
    Regardless of your technique it works well for you so run with it. Do not listen to anyone attempting to change you up.....:)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks!

Seeing all of these Rami photos is making me miss mine again. I really need to stay away from this thread. It's hard on the wallet.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning folks!

Seeing all of these Rami photos is making me miss mine again. I really need to stay away from this thread. It's hard on the wallet.

I have ran a couple of very seriously prepared Rami's. They are sweet pistols.

Thing is, they are to small for my hands. Not a good fit so I am somewhat immune due to that fact.
    I did beat a steel gong at 98 yds. with BA's and it was fun.

My eyes have lost a step since then unfortunately....:(

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    When I spotted you double fingering the trigger at the range I was amazed how accurately you shot the guns.
    Regardless of your technique it works well for you so run with it. Do not listen to anyone attempting to change you up.....:)

I think it's a habit that comes from shooting guns that are a tad too big for my reach. On a few larger frame guns, my right trigger finger doesn't quite reach comfortably, so I wrap my left hand around to reinforce. I'm actually going to sell my N-frame Smith (model 28) for that reason.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Was running my mouse enhanced Loaded at the range tonight. What a fun gun to shoot. Still need more rounds through it to be as accurate with it as I'd like, but was doing decently. This grouping was great until the last two shots:

Target_zpsasba5awj.jpg

Of course, this was only 7 yards, so not a great feat, but it felt pretty good until those last 2 shots :)

WEB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    Carmel
    Does anyone have experience between the Cajun Gun works Pro Package and the Defensive Carry Package? The web site lists the SA/DA trigger pulls the same. The Pro package appears to move the trigger back also.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Does anyone have experience between the Cajun Gun works Pro Package and the Defensive Carry Package? The web site lists the SA/DA trigger pulls the same. The Pro package appears to move the trigger back also.

CGW info
    The Pro-Package gets the exact same level of action work performed in our Defensive Carry Package, then we add our trick “TriPlex” trigger system. This is the only difference between these packages. The TriPlex delivers the following:

Adds the excellent 85C trigger with single action over travel adjustment. CGW sets this for you and loctites the set screw in place. The 85C is also the basis for our famous Reach Reduction Kit, easily one of our most popular upgrades with several thousand in continuous, reliable service. The RRK permanently moves the trigger rearward an amazing 5mm’s, with the hammer in the fully forward position. The difference is dramatic. Lastly the TriPlex includes our famous “hybrid” disconnector. This disconnector limits the triggers total travel in single action to an amazing 4mm’s total. The TriPlex is the ultimate evolution of the CZ trigger mechanism and is a CGW exclusive. This entire system adds approximately $88.00 to the cost of the Defensive Carry Package.
    The Pro-Package delivers a very smooth and light DA, yet is 100% reliable , produces a crisp, safe, single action, very short SA reset, rearward relocated trigger 5mm’s so now the trigger is in the right place. Lastly, the SA trigger movement to limited to only 4mm’s total. The Pro-Package is for shooters that are looking for the ultimate CZ upgrade

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

I just did the Defensive Carry package on my 40P. I have the RRK on my Compact 75B and the Pro package is the Defensive Carry Package that is bundled with the RRK. My advice: Don't do the Defensive Carry Pakage. Instead, go for the Pro Package up front and be done with it. You will be much happier if you go that route than if you do one, then later try to do the other as an add on.

The Pro Package will transform your CZ. Have the Wizard work his magic on it at the same time too. I did my own polish job and despite having brought everything that made contact to a mirror finish, I would consider the results mediocre. I've felt the end result of when someone with true talent does the work to install the Pro Package and it's worth every penny. Sooner or later, my 40P will head to the Wizard to be done properly.

Last edited:

WEB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    Carmel
    It is all about the trigger. The Pro Package appears to be money well spent. shorter rest and over travel stop plus short reach.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I had The Wizard do surgery on my P-01 and 75B. I cringed a bit at the $$ on getting them both upgraded, but holy crap was it money well spent. His work transformed already fantastic guns into remarkable shooters.

Depending what you're after, Plainfield Shooting Supplies had a 75B in matte stainless yesterday for right around $650, brand-new. That's a fantastic deal on a beautiful CZ.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom