• Status
    Not open for further replies.

WEB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    Carmel
    When it's all cajunized a CZ 75 SP-01-01 is about the same cost as a a tactical sport.
    I don't think there is a wrong decision, maybe just which shop offers the better deal.
    anyone have a trigger time on the tactical sport? I know the basic difference looking for real world impressions for a range gun.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Did anyone do any shooting over the weekend? I did not unfortunately, but hope to fix that this week sometime if I can. Maybe with the rain coming, it might be a good time to try an indoor range.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No shooting but I did make progress on 3 project builds that are on the bench. The Champion is pretty much done. The MilSpec id ready to get the site cuts (that I should have done before coating...:dunno:) and the from the raw build is moving along nicely.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I did fit a new trigger to my Delta Elite this weekend. Except for the sights, that gun is done now. The trigger has a very consistent 3 1/4 lb break with little overtravel and takeup. One of these days, I'll decide on the sights I want to use and wll have the slide cut. I need to contact Allen about getting the Kimber Ceracoated and then need to do a trigger on that gun too. It's actually not bad as is though, but everything can use a bit of polish on the rough edges.

I have a full length guide rod coming in for the 40P and have cut an extra weight spring to fit, so I need to get that one out to the range too. It will be a while before I'll consider that one done. I still need to do the RRK and then send it off to see the Wizard.

Anyone do anything with 38 Super? I'm getting an itch that I've avoided for a long time due to limiting calibers.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Did anyone do any shooting over the weekend? I did not unfortunately, but hope to fix that this week sometime if I can. Maybe with the rain coming, it might be a good time to try an indoor range.

Morning...:coffee:

I got over to Point Blank yesterday afternoon and did some shooting with a buddy of mine. You'll have to let me know if you want to meet up sometime this week and we can try it out. I'm a member, so we can share a lane and it won't cost you anything for the lane rental, just a $5 fee to watch their safety video and get into their system.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I did fit a new trigger to my Delta Elite this weekend. Except for the sights, that gun is done now. The trigger has a very consistent 3 1/4 lb break with little overtravel and takeup. One of these days, I'll decide on the sights I want to use and wll have the slide cut. I need to contact Allen about getting the Kimber Ceracoated and then need to do a trigger on that gun too. It's actually not bad as is though, but everything can use a bit of polish on the rough edges.

I have a full length guide rod coming in for the 40P and have cut an extra weight spring to fit, so I need to get that one out to the range too. It will be a while before I'll consider that one done. I still need to do the RRK and then send it off to see the Wizard.

Anyone do anything with 38 Super? I'm getting an itch that I've avoided for a long time due to limiting calibers.

I have just recently started allowing rogue calibers into my safe. Interested in .38 Super but not fell off that cliff ass yet.
    I am looking at 10mm for the next project.
    Allen has been looking for the parts to start my 2011 build but no frames in stock at his go to brands.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    6 months ago, I had a hard time trying to figure out what my next gun would be. I was happy with what I had and really did not want anything else. It had been months since the last purchase and I was content to simply shoot what I had. Then this thread and it's predecessors came along...

I now have enough project ideas to burn up the better part of 5 grand if I let myself run wild. The initial need is to address my lack of a deep concealment gun. My P238 is pretty much at permanent residence at my son's now and the PPK is too big for pocket carry. I'm thinking I want to add a Sig P938 to the roster due to it's 1911-ness and similarity in size to the P238. I also need a full round of CGW parts for the CZ family. The pre-B needs a PRO kit, the compact a hammer and sear and the 40P needs the RRK. All need a trip to see the Wizard of Cz. Then there's the 1911 projects. I'd love to do a custom compact 10mm as well as a nicely tuned 9mm or 38 Super. Oh, I also am thinking I'd like to add an AR pistol to the family. At the rate that I fund my hobby spending, it is a years long project list, some of which may never happen.

It's enough to make you start buying lottery tickets.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I too have a list. Items on the list seem to jockey for position but they stay on there. But, winning the lottery might take all of the fun of pursuit out of it.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I don't know, I don't think winning the lottery would ruin the fun for me... :):

Tim, like you, I'm looking at .38 super now. I started a thread on the 1911 Addicts site about getting either the DW Valor or Guardian and lots of people are recommending the Guardian in .38 super. Very tempting...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am in the same state of mind. What I have in the safe now are all great examples of what makes me smile.
    In that my next big thing is a ground up 2011 build in a totally new to me caliber.
    I am sure there will be something pop up along the path but will have to be a real head turner.
    Well.....my head anyway.

In light of the current world situation and the forced influx of "Refugee's" (Ha) I am now feeling the need for at least 1 more AR.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    My first target is a very modestly priced milsurp. I am just hoping it is still there when I get the money. It will get a new finish and then all the CGW goodies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I don't know, I don't think winning the lottery would ruin the fun for me... :):

Tim, like you, I'm looking at .38 super now. I started a thread on the 1911 Addicts site about getting either the DW Valor or Guardian and lots of people are recommending the Guardian in .38 super. Very tempting...

From what I've read, 38 Super gives near .357 Sig performance in a cartridge that's a lot easier to reload. A DW Guardian in 38 Super would make a very intesting carry gun. I wonder how it would handle the Underwood SD ammo? I imagine since the CCO does fine with .45, the Guardian would be just as fine with a stout 38 Super round. I wonder how hard it would be to buy the Guardian, then have a second barrel fit for 9mm for plinking and practice. That seems like it would be a good combination.

On a similar thought, does anyone know if a CZ 9mm barrel could be reamed for 38 Super? I imagine it could be, but there might be mag or feed issues resulting.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    From what I've read, 38 Super gives near .357 Sig performance in a cartridge that's a lot easier to reload. A DW Guardian in 38 Super would make a very intesting carry gun. I wonder how it would handle the Underwood SD ammo? I imagine since the CCO does fine with .45, the Guardian would be just as fine with a stout 38 Super round. I wonder how hard it would be to buy the Guardian, then have a second barrel fit for 9mm for plinking and practice. That seems like it would be a good combination.

On a similar thought, does anyone know if a CZ 9mm barrel could be reamed for 38 Super? I imagine it could be, but there might be mag or feed issues resulting.

From what I've been reading, the round is between the 9mm and .45 in performance. I'm very torn as I LOVE .45, but the super sounds like such a fun round and it's supposed to be super accurate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom