• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    I do not mail my guns off anywhere. No trust in the shipping industry or the USPS.
    I know Dave is a stellar guy and all but if they did not see this then I am done with them.
    The mechanics of the gun are perfect. It is the finish. They send this work out somewhere else to be done. Not their work but this is so obvious.
    I would be a month without the gun. If I did this myself I would be a week and know exactly where it was and who was working on it.
    I am really funny that way.

That said I am sure Dave would make it good but it should have never left his shop.
    Probably since I bought the gun from him should at least call and let him know of the disatisfaction . Sorry CM didnt even give it any thought about the inside part of the Cerakoting.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Probably since I bought the gun from him should at least call and let him know of the disatisfaction . Sorry CM didnt even give it any thought about the inside part of the Cerakoting.

Actually it is outside on the right of the slide at the frame slide seem. It appears to have been a long run that dried ugly. I admit not seeing it when the gun was together as the thing is really an eye catcher. When I took it down to clean it the lumpy finish jumped out at me.
    Not you fault at all man. I looked at it when I bought it and admit I missed it but when it is apart the area jumps out at you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sounds like the plan is to make it exactly like the Copperhead should have been, so that it stays with that theme. I don't blame him as I really liked the look of the gun. It's really sad to hear they did such a poor job on such an expensive custom gun.

And again, the coating was "Farmed" out to another shop.
    I guess my issue is when assembling it was it done so fast they missed this. Or did they see it and hope it would slide by.

Yup, staying with the original theme. I will have Allen match the original color unless he talks me into something else. He has a habit of doing that to me.....:)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ok, so you're going to make the "Copperhead" into a "Black Mamba"? :):
    2 tone is cool and the gun is already painted, so ever consider another color besides black?
    Maybe a titanium or dark gray color would be possible?

I like the dark charcoal grey and black theme. That is what AllenM did on the MilSpec. It was his idea. It is Uber Cool.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I like the dark charcoal grey and black theme. That is what AllenM did on the MilSpec. It was his idea. It is Uber Cool.

I need to get my Kimber into him. I've decided to do the sniper grey under a black slide like that LW champion that's floating around. I'm still not sure what color grips to go with. I've got a lot of officer sized wood grips but am thinking something from VZ would be better.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I need to get my Kimber into him. I've decided to do the sniper grey under a black slide like that LW champion that's floating around. I'm still not sure what color grips to go with. I've got a lot of officer sized wood grips but am thinking something from VZ would be better.

Morning! :coffee:

I really liked the black grips that were on the LW Champion, even more than I thought I would. I don't recall exactly which ones he had on there. I like VZ grips, but the black in some of their models doesn't look too good to me. I wonder how the ETC Frags would look in black, carbon fiber, or black/grey? I'm not sure how good those grips are for aggressiveness and giving you the needed firm grip, but they sure look good!

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Morning all...
    taking the kids roller skating today... joy
    I'm going to the Carbine match at Atlanta Conservation Club tomorrow.
    Any day where I get to run my AR15 w/ EoTech in CQB drills is a good day. :ar15:

WEB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    Carmel
    I have been shooting a CZ 75 SP-01 at my local range (rental gun). Long time shooter, and for the life of me, don't know why I have never shot this gun before. I am looking to make my first CZ purchase this week :rockwoot:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I have been shooting a CZ 75 SP-01 at my local range (rental gun). Long time shooter, and for the life of me, don't know why I have never shot this gun before. I am looking to make my first CZ purchase this week :rockwoot:

Welcome to the CZickness, it can be very addicting :popcorn:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I have a SP01 Phantom with the full Cajun love job and threaded barrel.........Cajun goodness.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom