churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Over $1k yet? Probably getting close to the price of a DW Heritage :):

How did you fix the sloppy frame/slide fit? Weld and re-cut, or peen it?

The frame slide was pretty decent which is what made me buy it. I did peen the slide out some to dress them out square.

I am now north of $850 in parts plus the ceracoating.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What's the fun in that? I've owned some decent pistols, but the ones that make me happiest are the ones that I've helped to make them work well. I am always going back and forth on the issue of buying nice guns vs. buying decent guns and making them nice. In the end, the cost is somewhat similar, but I do enjoy improving a factory gun. But, the DW CCO sure is sweet and all I've had to do is shoot it.

Actually, maybe I'm happiest with the ones that I've tweaked because I cannot believe that they still work :dunno:

Thing is, unless the right person wants this or any other one I built I will surely loose my butt.......:)

If I built them to make money I would be starving.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Fixed the failure to battery issue.
    Pulled the ignition controls and did the set/polish routine. Trigger was at 4Lbs 10 Ozs. just putting the good parts in it with no love. Added a Clark 4 finger spring. It releases right at 3Lbs 8 ozs now.
    Put the pearce enhancements on it.
    Sent PM to AllenM that the slide will be back out there when the sites come in so he can cut it and fit them. Re-coat will be needed.
    This one has been a serious challenge.

:yesway: sounds good!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I can honestly say that I have done/had done all that is possible to the P07 Duty. Just nothing else to do with any of them.

Well, get the frame re-coated on the CopperHead.....:(

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What did you do to the Copperhead frame?
    I think that's a special CGW package. I would not paint over that if I were you.

Well, you have not seen the crap job they did on the frame. It sucks.....seriously. Just the frame not the slide.
    I am terribly unhappy with it. At that price point that it was not seen and redone by the assembler is just not cool. I saw it when I took the gun down to clean it.
    I will take it down and get the frame (black) recoated at AllenM's. No one will be the wiser for it and it will not look like a bad driveway blacktop job. It is terrible.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Well, you have not seen the crap job they did on the frame. It sucks.....seriously. Just the frame not the slide.
    I am terribly unhappy with it. At that price point that it was not seen and redone by the assembler is just not cool. I saw it when I took the gun down to clean it.
    I will take it down and get the frame (black) recoated at AllenM's. No one will be the wiser for it and it will not look like a bad driveway blacktop job. It is terrible.

I know you bought it used. But have you considered contacting David at Cajun Gun Works? He is really a good guy and very concerned with customer support. I would give him a call if I were you before I paid for a refinish.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know you bought it used. But have you considered contacting David at Cajun Gun Works? He is really a good guy and very concerned with customer support. I would give him a call if I were you before I paid for a refinish.

I do not mail my guns off anywhere. No trust in the shipping industry or the USPS.
    I know Dave is a stellar guy and all but if they did not see this then I am done with them.
    The mechanics of the gun are perfect. It is the finish. They send this work out somewhere else to be done. Not their work but this is so obvious.
    I would be a month without the gun. If I did this myself I would be a week and know exactly where it was and who was working on it.
    I am really funny that way.

That said I am sure Dave would make it good but it should have never left his shop.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I do not mail my guns off anywhere. No trust in the shipping industry or the USPS.
    I know Dave is a stellar guy and all but if they did not see this then I am done with them.
    The mechanics of the gun are perfect. It is the finish. They send this work out somewhere else to be done. Not their work but this is so obvious.
    I would be a month without the gun. If I did this myself I would be a week and know exactly where it was and who was working on it.
    I am really funny that way.

That said I am sure Dave would make it good but it should have never left his shop.

Understood. We all do things our own way and AllenM does fantastic work.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Ok, so you're going to make the "Copperhead" into a "Black Mamba"? :):
    2 tone is cool and the gun is already painted, so ever consider another color besides black?
    Maybe a titanium or dark gray color would be possible?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Ok, so you're going to make the "Copperhead" into a "Black Mamba"? :):
    2 tone is cool and the gun is already painted, so ever consider another color besides black?
    Maybe a titanium or dark gray color would be possible?

Sounds like the plan is to make it exactly like the Copperhead should have been, so that it stays with that theme. I don't blame him as I really liked the look of the gun. It's really sad to hear they did such a poor job on such an expensive custom gun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom