Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I totally agree, with one exception. I reserve Christmas day for my immediate family. Normally, there's a lot of family get togethers over the week between Christmas and New Year. I always have a Christmas Eve get together at my house and the day after Christmas is my mother's birthday, so we get together at her house then. On the 29th, we get together for my son's birthday and then get together again on New Years Eve. Between those days, we normally get together daily if there's anyone in town for the holidays like my nephew or if family comes in from CA. With all of the get togethers that week, I reserve Christmas day as a time for my wife and I to enjoy being with our sons without the rest of the family (mother excepted, she stops by all families each year). We sometimes get together latter in the day after dinner if family is in town, but if not, Christmas is mine. My sister ususally does a family get together on Christmas day, but that's just one too many family get togethers for me.

The harder we try and simplify the Holidays the more complicated they become.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I totally agree, with one exception. I reserve Christmas day for my immediate family. Normally, there's a lot of family get togethers over the week between Christmas and New Year. I always have a Christmas Eve get together at my house and the day after Christmas is my mother's birthday, so we get together at her house then. On the 29th, we get together for my son's birthday and then get together again on New Years Eve. Between those days, we normally get together daily if there's anyone in town for the holidays like my nephew or if family comes in from CA. With all of the get togethers that week, I reserve Christmas day as a time for my wife and I to enjoy being with our sons without the rest of the family (mother excepted, she stops by all families each year). We sometimes get together latter in the day after dinner if family is in town, but if not, Christmas is mine. My sister ususally does a family get together on Christmas day, but that's just one too many family get togethers for me.

You're lucky to have such a close family.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    But, I am very poor again this week. I need to avoid gun stores. They make me poor.

Man I feel your pain. My last LGS visit has cost me dearly (green machine) and will cost me more to get the slide back from AllenM. He is cutting the sight dove tails in it. Doing a flat top and relief cut. Then re-coat. A bit more tuning and that one is D.O.N.E.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Man I feel your pain. My last LGS visit has cost me dearly (green machine) and will cost me more to get the slide back from AllenM. He is cutting the sight dove tails in it. Doing a flat top and relief cut. Then re-coat. A bit more tuning and that one is D.O.N.E.

Will definitely be badass when complete.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Have to hit the range this week to run the 75B/40 to ensure it likes the social ammo. I also have to put the first rounds through the P09/40.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

I'll be watching online gun and ammo deals between now and New Year's. There are often fantastic deals to be had. I probably won't take advantage of any of them, but we'll see. I plan to order my CCO next weekend. That way I can at least wait to see if any deal comes up for BF and there are also a couple auctions I'm watching to see if that would be a better way to go. There's a DW Guardian in .45 where the starting bid is $850 that is making me rethink things...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The harder we try and simplify the Holidays the more complicated they become.

That's why I had to carve out that one day during the week to spend with my sons. It became too easy to blow through the week in constant visit/party mode and totally miss any quality time with the boys.

I really do need to avoid the LGS. I came home from Bradis last night thinking that maybe I do need a Marlin Guide Gun in 45-70. It only took about an hour for that idea to disappear though. If it were in 44 Mag or 357 Mag, it might be different, but as is, it would just be another gun I cannot shoot at MCFG. I have too many of those already. I think I need a second job to cover the gun hobby.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning all... :coffee:

I'll be watching online gun and ammo deals between now and New Year's. There are often fantastic deals to be had. I probably won't take advantage of any of them, but we'll see. I plan to order my CCO next weekend. That way I can at least wait to see if any deal comes up for BF and there are also a couple auctions I'm watching to see if that would be a better way to go. There's a DW Guardian in .45 where the starting bid is $850 that is making me rethink things...

You sir are on a mission.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well, I went in to get a G19. The guy showed me the G30s... did you know it hold 10+1 of .45 in a pretty compact package.... well... for some reason I said, i'll go ahead and take it... not sure why...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's why I had to carve out that one day during the week to spend with my sons. It became too easy to blow through the week in constant visit/party mode and totally miss any quality time with the boys.

I really do need to avoid the LGS. I came home from Bradis last night thinking that maybe I do need a Marlin Guide Gun in 45-70. It only took about an hour for that idea to disappear though. If it were in 44 Mag or 357 Mag, it might be different, but as is, it would just be another gun I cannot shoot at MCFG. I have too many of those already. I think I need a second job to cover the gun hobby.

And this is why I am still working even in retirement.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom