88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I refuse to do the black Friday thing in person, but I don't mind jumping on the online deals. Unfortunately, I did not do a good job of stashing cash for the online deals and may have to be content with the Golden Saber rebate and the cheap Sig 938. I've been shooting a lot this fall and my reloading supplies are starting to show that fact. I need to restock bullets in all three of my main calibers for reloading. I'm down to 700 9mm and zero for .40 and .45, so I might have to find some money if there's a good deal with Extreme bullets this week.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I refuse to do the black Friday thing in person, but I don't mind jumping on the online deals. Unfortunately, I did not do a good job of stashing cash for the online deals and may have to be content with the Golden Saber rebate and the cheap Sig 938. I've been shooting a lot this fall and my reloading supplies are starting to show that fact. I need to restock bullets in all three of my main calibers for reloading. I'm down to 700 9mm and zero for .40 and .45, so I might have to find some money if there's a good deal with Extreme bullets this week.

I just do not look or pay attention. It is the only way to survive.....:):

I am adding an ammo cabinet this winter so getting some good deals on that would be cool but I have so much on the plate right now.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just do not look or pay attention. It is the only way to survive.....:):

I am adding an ammo cabinet this winter so getting some good deals on that would be cool but I have so much on the plate right now.

With all you have on your plate in gun projects, non-gun projects, the holidays and family stuff, the rest of the year is going to fly by for you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    To me, Christmas is about being together with your family. It should be more about family than about gifts. But, I guess I am old.

I am of the same mind but you have met the spouse......the original Christmas gift giving fairy........of the 1st order.

She gets the greatest joy from watching the kids eyes light up. What ever makes her happy.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I am of the same mind but you have met the spouse......the original Christmas gift giving fairy........of the 1st order.

She gets the greatest joy from watching the kids eyes light up. What ever makes her happy.

I agree for the little ones. Once they get into their teens they need to be shown what it is really about. Just my opinion.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree for the little ones. Once they get into their teens they need to be shown what it is really about. Just my opinion.

My kids still look to family time at Christmas.
    Our time spent at Granny's house was so special to them.
    We would load out Christmas morning and I would always sing (or attempt to) "Over the river and through the woods" as we rolled up. They got to where they sang along. This was done with the G-kids as well.
    With Anna passing recently this will be a sad time unfortunately.
    Christmas is in the Spirit. I hope my kids carry that on when we are gone.

Hey, is this a gun thread.....:):

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    My kids still look to family time at Christmas.
    Our time spent at Granny's house was so special to them.
    We would load out Christmas morning and I would always sing (or attempt to) "Over the river and through the woods" as we rolled up. They got to where they sang along. This was done with the G-kids as well.
    With Anna passing recently this will be a sad time unfortunately.
    Christmas is in the Spirit. I hope my kids carry that on when we are gone.

Hey, is this a gun thread.....:):

Yes, give me a gun for Christmas...;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    To me, Christmas is about being together with your family. It should be more about family than about gifts. But, I guess I am old.

I totally agree, with one exception. I reserve Christmas day for my immediate family. Normally, there's a lot of family get togethers over the week between Christmas and New Year. I always have a Christmas Eve get together at my house and the day after Christmas is my mother's birthday, so we get together at her house then. On the 29th, we get together for my son's birthday and then get together again on New Years Eve. Between those days, we normally get together daily if there's anyone in town for the holidays like my nephew or if family comes in from CA. With all of the get togethers that week, I reserve Christmas day as a time for my wife and I to enjoy being with our sons without the rest of the family (mother excepted, she stops by all families each year). We sometimes get together latter in the day after dinner if family is in town, but if not, Christmas is mine. My sister ususally does a family get together on Christmas day, but that's just one too many family get togethers for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom