Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! It's a cold one out there today.

It's looking like the 938 will get here sometime either Tuesday or Wednesday, so I need to get off my backside and start reloading some 9mm. I need to finish the batch of .45 I have set up, then I'll do the 9mm. Next up will be a batch of .40 since the 40P has drawn down my supply of that. Once that's done, I'll do a batch of 10mm so the Delta Elite and Witness won't go hungry. I do need to check supply levels and hopefully, can replenish with black Friday deals. It's a cold day today, so it will be a good one to spend indoors reloading.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'd like to add a semi-auto .380 some day, but right now, I'm good with the scout rifle. I do need to invest in a decent optic for it though. I'd like to find something similar to what I have on one of my ARs. It's a Bushnell 1-4x AR PCL optic. It's illuminated and has the BDC reticle that's calibrated for the AR. I'd love to find something like that for the .308.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    The SCAR17 is great because it's the same weight as an AR15, but is chambered in .308
    Recoil is manageable too.
    Pull 1 pin, and the gun breaks down for cleaning.
    Barrel can easily be changed as well with just 6 allen bolts.
    Gas/piston operated and has the same controls and ergos as an AR, so it's easy to transition.
    Barrel has a simple switch to flip over for suppressed mode (if you have one)
    I like it :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The SCAR17 is great because it's the same weight as an AR15, but is chambered in .308
    Recoil is manageable too.
    Pull 1 pin, and the gun breaks down for cleaning.
    Barrel can easily be changed as well with just 6 allen bolts.
    Gas/piston operated and has the same controls and ergos as an AR, so it's easy to transition.
    Barrel has a simple switch to flip over for suppressed mode (if you have one)
    I like it :D

I am willing to see if I will......:)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Just got back from range time with IGM and Hopper. What a great trip! That Valor-BOB is a tack driver! Love it :D

Here was my best target with it, from 10 yards:

VBOB%20Target_zpsl3vwaaxu.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Just got back from range time with IGM and Hopper. What a great trip! That Valor-BOB is a tack driver! Love it :D

Here was my best target with it, from 10 yards:

VBOB%20Target_zpsl3vwaaxu.jpg

Dang, that thing is accurate. Looks like you did your part too.

My youngest son and I did a quick round of a couple of gun shops this afternoon. He's looking for his first carry pistol and is thinking of the Sig P320 in .45. I think that would be an excellent first carry gun. One gun that caught my eye was a Marlin lever action carbine in 45-70 with a short barrel. That looked like a whole lot of fun. Maybe it's time to sell off what's left of the Mosin collection. I think that I really need to stay away from gun stores though. I think I had my addiction in control until about 2 months ago. But life is sweeter with a new firearm once in a while.

It was similar to this:
    57852.jpg

Attachments

• zoom-1895GBL.jpg
      zoom-1895GBL.jpg
      44.1 KB · Views: 4
    Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Dang, that thing is accurate. Looks like you did your part too.

My youngest son and I did a quick round of a couple of gun shops this afternoon. He's looking for his first carry pistol and is thinking of the Sig P320 in .45. I think that would be an excellent first carry gun. One gun that caught my eye was a Marlin lever action carbine in 45-70 with a short barrel. That looked like a whole lot of fun. Maybe it's time to sell off what's left of the Mosin collection. I think that I really need to stay away from gun stores though. I think I had my addiction in control until about 2 months ago. But life is sweeter with a new firearm once in a while.

You betcha it is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom