Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Just ordered 5 boxes of the 147gr 9mm ammo and 5 boxes of the 185gr .45 ammo. Both performed very well in the Lucky Gunner tests and ~$5 a box after the MIR is hard to pass up :)

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    CDNN still has 40 S&W Golden sabers in stock and 185gr 45ACP, but it's the not +P (185gr +P is sold out).
    I was going to get some, but I despise mail in rebates

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Looks like someone jumped on those two P series guns. :(

That was a good deal.
    You can't get-em all Birds. Just ain't gonna happen.

I really want that Bi-tone Champion in the classy's but my funds are going elsewhere.
    The mil-Spec (ugly green machine) is gong to cost me more money nd the CopperHead is scheduled for re-coat.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yep, can't have 'em all. That was a very good deal. I am happy with my little group. I need to save up some coin to get the new P09/40 Cajunized.

That green machine should be quite a runner when you get done with it.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I switched up a bit and now the 97 is on duty with me. The Phantom stays in the bedroom and the 75B/40 is being worked up for every day carry. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep, can't have 'em all. That was a very good deal. I am happy with my little group. I need to save up some coin to get the new P09/40 Cajunized.

That green machine should be quite a runner when you get done with it.

It is getting site cuts, slide relief cuts and flat topped. Then re-coated. It should be a sexy beast when I get it back.....:)

Will address the sites on the CopperHead next.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I think you will be satisfied with the Meprolights on the Copperhead. They aren't fantastic but they are an improvement for sure. I still have Mepros on several guns and they work fine for me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The Wizard and I were trying our hand at point shooting on Thursday. We satisfied ourselves that at 5-7 yards it would be no problem and does speed things up quite a bit.

Self defense point shooting is the key. If you are leery of background or presence of loved ones front site shooting is the key in that situation.

My eyes did not fully recover from the stint with high sugar. Seeing the front sight and the target simultaneously is not going to happen. I am honning my point/shoot skills.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Self defense point shooting is the key. If you are leery of background or presence of loved ones front site shooting is the key in that situation.

My eyes did not fully recover from the stint with high sugar. Seeing the front sight and the target simultaneously is not going to happen. I am honning my point/shoot skills.

The TFX sights have a large front circle that looks like a freaking basketball when the sights come up. They are the easiest to acquire sights I have ever had. Unfortunately, they are only available for 75 series guns.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I do need more time on the 97.
    I also need to get over the fear of scratching it.
    I had those issues with the satin nickel compact. But, the finish has proven to be very durable. I keep getting guns to replace it to save it from everyday wear. I keep going back to it because I don't shoot anything quite as well.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    When I get my new to me piece from RH it will be interesting to compare a parts only up-grade to a full on loved out Wizard job.
    Yep, the Wizard has been advocating a partial upgrade for my P09 since I am not rolling in dough. Not sure I would be satisfied after all the full Cajun shooting I have done. I am the king of trigger snobs now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom