• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Love the Valor. Those DW's are exactly what I'd want if I could justify $1500 on a 1911.

But then my brain kicks in, and I ask myself why I'd get one of those when a Loaded Springer with a tuned ignition kit would be under $1k. I'm not enough of a 1911 guy to realize the difference. But maybe one day I'll have the extra cash for the DW.

I would love to have a VBOB, eventually.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just got back a bit ago from my second range trip this week. I usually squeeze a quick range trip in at MCFG on Friday's before work and was in, shot 100 rounds through the 40P and back out in 15 minutes. What a way to start the day. I wish I could begin every day that way. I think the cycle issue with the 40P is resolved. I had is show up consistently in the first 100 rounds and now that I've replaced the guide rod with a steel one, it has not happened in the last 150 rounds. I'm going to order a new recoil spring and call that a done issue. The new recoil spring is only because I have no idea how many rounds are on the one in there. It's a flat wire spring and probably has a lot of life left in it, but I don't mind dropping $10 to be sure.

Plus they thicken up the grip just a skosh. I like them a lot.

I have a set of ultra-thin grips for a 1911 that I never cared for because they were just too thin. I put them on my Kimber over the Pierce grips and they are perfect for CC now. They still drop a quarter inch off of the grip width but don't feel too skinny like they used to.
    Will definitely be chilly. Fortunately, CZs are designed to be used with gloved hands. ;)

It was a cold one this morning. It was 26 degrees when I left the house and got to 30 degrees at MCFG. I was not thinking about the cold and shot with no gloves and only a light jacket, but had a hot mug of coffee waiting in the truck when I was done. It was one of my more enjoyable range trips despite the cold, but that may have been because of how well the 40P functioned.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I just got back a bit ago from my second range trip this week. I usually squeeze a quick range trip in at MCFG on Friday's before work and was in, shot 100 rounds through the 40P and back out in 15 minutes. What a way to start the day. I wish I could begin every day that way. I think the cycle issue with the 40P is resolved. I had is show up consistently in the first 100 rounds and now that I've replaced the guide rod with a steel one, it has not happened in the last 150 rounds. I'm going to order a new recoil spring and call that a done issue. The new recoil spring is only because I have no idea how many rounds are on the one in there. It's a flat wire spring and probably has a lot of life left in it, but I don't mind dropping $10 to be sure.

I have a set of ultra-thin grips for a 1911 that I never cared for because they were just too thin. I put them on my Kimber over the Pierce grips and they are perfect for CC now. They still drop a quarter inch off of the grip width but don't feel too skinny like they used to.

It was a cold one this morning. It was 26 degrees when I left the house and got to 30 degrees at MCFG. I was not thinking about the cold and shot with no gloves and only a light jacket, but had a hot mug of coffee waiting in the truck when I was done. It was one of my more enjoyable range trips despite the cold, but that may have been because of how well the 40P functioned.

Glad to hear the 40P is performing well. I'll have to order the same SS guide rod and get some tips from you on how you cut it to fit :)

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Just one for me right now, and if I don't get it, it's not the end of the world. I want a truck gun, so it doesn't have to be pretty. Birds, you know what I want, and I know you'll let me know if you see the right one. :)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Just one for me right now, and if I don't get it, it's not the end of the world. I want a truck gun, so it doesn't have to be pretty. Birds, you know what I want, and I know you'll let me know if you see the right one. :)

I still think you would be well-served with one of those milsurps.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I can't wait to see the finished product. Is this going to be the first 'Custom by CM' of many?

The best thing to do is the Pro Package. Have the Wizard do the install and his polish and tuning routine and you'll be done in one step. If you try to do the job in small increments, you'll end up spending more and the gun will always feel like it is short of it's potential.

Are you planning on doing the work yourself? If your CZ 75 is a decocker, then be careful going that route. I've done a bunch of safety CZs and they are not too bad except for the trigger pin. The decocker's sear pin extends through the frame on both sides, so you have to assemble it with a special slave pin that is small enough to be pushed out of the frame after assembly. It's a PITA.

There's also a lot of gain to be had with polishing the parts. Parts alone help a lot, but with a competent person doing the polish work, you end up with a truely great pistol.

I probably wont do the work myself.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Glad to hear the 40P is performing well. I'll have to order the same SS guide rod and get some tips from you on how you cut it to fit :)

Don't order one. I bought two because it seemed wrong to spend $12 to ship a single $5 part. You can have my spare and I'll even cut it for you if you want.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Don't order one. I bought two because it seemed wrong to spend $12 to ship a single $5 part. You can have my spare and I'll even cut it for you if you want.

I won't turn it down :)

I need to shoot someone's cajunized one...

If you want to meet sometime at Point Blank in either Greenwood or Carmel, I can let you shoot my cajunized P-01.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom