Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have a dilemma as well.
    I am doing a serious project for a really good person. I will end up with another "Good" optic from this in partial trade so not having a long gun for it....well.....I have to get one.
    Looking on the Rock River site last night at this Upper.....AR0575X

;)

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Same here. Only the goal is getting the bike back on the road instead of getting firearms operational...And building up another battle ready rifle.

Just a cheap, light, reliable, easy to throw around bike to putz around town on. Put too many hours into the engine and crank case to want to think about. And a good bit of time ripping off the stock junk that weighs these things down and makes them handle like a pig. I think I've dropped about 40 pounds off of her by my calculations so far.
    11221828_10104698353543717_2558080046742335764_n.jpg

I want to have all current projects completed and operational by the spring gala event.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Same here. Only the goal is getting the bike back on the road instead of getting firearms operational...And building up another battle ready rifle.

Just a cheap, light, reliable, easy to throw around bike to putz around town on. Put too many hours into the engine and crank case to want to think about. And a good bit of time ripping off the stock junk that weighs these things down and makes them handle like a pig. I think I've dropped about 40 pounds off of her by my calculations so far.
    View attachment 43013

Having spent SSSssssoooooooo many winters getting the current bike project up and going for the Daytona bike week I do not miss it. You think fire arms are expensive....Ha.
    This is just the last one. All totaled I had over 60K in this if you count the 3 engines I destroyed getting the blower and nitrous combo to live. It did eventually work but damn it was costly.....but fast....I mean blow the tire loose in 2nd gear fast.

Then the race cars. I feel pretty good settling into Guns as my full time passion. Putting $1200 out for a bad ass CZ or 1911 was just a set of heads for a Harley.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Nice looking gun! Costs a bit of coin, $1400

11logoCOMPLSP_1986_zpsqq9xk6z3.jpg

Mine was 1400 (Shooters Connection) and that did not include any improvement in single action travel (no pre b disconnector or etc) or a fiber optic front sight. So it really was 1500 ish.

I measure sight radius on this gun at 7" (plus or minus 1/2 a skosh) and on my SP01 with aftermarket rear sight at 6.5" , not as much as I would have guessed from pictures.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Yeah, I could see it getting out of hand. That's why I don't dare dip my toes into the Harleys... I definitely appreciate the bikes like yours (that springer front end is the bees knees and that thing looks mean as ****), but I definitely can't be dumping that kind of money into bikes. And I've been done with fast bikes for some time now. Sold all the crotch rockets a few years back. I'm just sticking with Jap bikes and bobbing them, which is cheap, and I like riding them. Typically I buy something under $1k that doesn't run. Then rip the engine apart, get it running like a champ, and strip off all the crap weighing it down and make it look good.

This current project should be a fun ride. It's got a short rear wheel base and a 650cc thumper engine (pretty good on the torque. Think 650cc dirt bike engine). Should be a blast in the curvy stuff and around town. It'll be terrible on the long strait stuff, though.

Next will be taking a dirt bike, making it "street legal" and motarding it (little slick tires and big brakes). Pretty much a wheelie and drifting machine.

Having spent SSSssssoooooooo many winters getting the current bike project up and going for the Daytona bike week I do not miss it. You think fire arms are expensive....Ha.
    This is just the last one. All totaled I had over 60K in this if you count the 3 engines I destroyed getting the blower and nitrous combo to live. It did eventually work but damn it was costly.....but fast....I mean blow the tire loose in 2nd gear fast.Then the race cars. I feel pretty good settling into Guns as my full time passion. Putting $1200 out for a bad ass CZ or 1911 was just a set of heads for a Harley.

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Today is range day #2 for this week. My brother's Omega still needs a little tweaking. Have to make sure that the adjustments the Wizard made have stopped the hammer follow.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, I could see it getting out of hand. That's why I don't dare dip my toes into the Harleys... I definitely appreciate the bikes like yours (that springer front end is the bees knees and that thing looks mean as ****), but I definitely can't be dumping that kind of money into bikes. And I've been done with fast bikes for some time now. Sold all the crotch rockets a few years back. I'm just sticking with Jap bikes and bobbing them, which is cheap, and I like riding them. Typically I buy something under $1k that doesn't run. Then rip the engine apart, get it running like a champ, and strip off all the crap weighing it down and make it look good.

This current project should be a fun ride. It's got a short rear wheel base and a 650cc thumper engine (pretty good on the torque. Think 650cc dirt bike engine). Should be a blast in the curvy stuff and around town. It'll be terrible on the long strait stuff, though.

Next will be taking a dirt bike, making it "street legal" and motarding it (little slick tires and big brakes). Pretty much a wheelie and drifting machine.

Stay up on 2 wheels as long as you can. I do miss the bikes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Today is range day #2 for this week. My brother's Omega still needs a little tweaking. Have to make sure that the adjustments the Wizard made have stopped the hammer follow.

Good reason to go I think.

I was going to send some rounds down range at CT-2's tomorrow but the weather my put the Kybosh on that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom