Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    cz-75_001_zpssrzeyl4o.jpg

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I would love to get one of the rattle trap milsurps that we had in the Navy. They had been around forever.

I saw where there are bunch of them going to CMP soon so you may get your wish.

SHEIST! I didn't know that even existed. My wallet is vibrating. DAMN! That is sweeet!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Wow, I'm in the city for a day and while gone, we add 62 new messages to this thread.

I would have to see one. I paid no attention when I fondled 88's gun. He might be able to answer that.
    I am dropping my Mil-Spec slide off at Allens today for sight cuts and possibly re-coat if it requires after the machine work.

I've been told that the sight cuts are Springfield in the front and GI in the rear.

I can carry a Glock/M&P or the like just fine, but feel like sticking with the platform I perform best with. May change my mind eventually, but right now a carry 1911 appeals to me. I still carry my Shield in the summer months, or when concealment is important.

I'm trying to do the same thing. Earlier this year, I tried to shoot all of my carry guns to see what I did best with and the 1911 platform edged out the Glocks by enough to make me focus on being the best I can be with the 1911s. That platform just fits me better than others I've tried. The CZ 40P might give it a bit of a run for the money though, but at this point I'm still committed to the 1911 platorm.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just spent some more time on the raw build.
    Nothing on that gun was in "Finished" state. The trigger channel had to be de-burred and filed before the bow would clear.

I do have the slide and barrel lock up where it needs to be.

The grip safety is now blended into the frame.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    What are the must do upgrades for a CZ 75?

Just hand your credit card to the Wizard, he will take care of you.
    Seriously it depends on what you want to get out of the gun. I basically do the CGW pro package on my CZ's.
    The 75, in fact all of the CZ's are pretty darn good out of the box. But a polish and some new parts make it awesome.
    Go to the Cajun Gun Works site and read about the upgrade packages. Then PM the Wizard here and he will hook you up.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Just spent some more time on the raw build.
    Nothing on that gun was in "Finished" state. The trigger channel had to be de-burred and filed before the bow would clear.

I do have the slide and barrel lock up where it needs to be.

The grip safety is now blended into the frame.

I can't wait to see the finished product. Is this going to be the first 'Custom by CM' of many?

What are the must do upgrades for a CZ 75?

The best thing to do is the Pro Package. Have the Wizard do the install and his polish and tuning routine and you'll be done in one step. If you try to do the job in small increments, you'll end up spending more and the gun will always feel like it is short of it's potential.

Are you planning on doing the work yourself? If your CZ 75 is a decocker, then be careful going that route. I've done a bunch of safety CZs and they are not too bad except for the trigger pin. The decocker's sear pin extends through the frame on both sides, so you have to assemble it with a special slave pin that is small enough to be pushed out of the frame after assembly. It's a PITA.

There's also a lot of gain to be had with polishing the parts. Parts alone help a lot, but with a competent person doing the polish work, you end up with a truely great pistol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom