Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I did a quick range trip this morning with the 40P. Overall, it is really nice, but I still got two failures to chamber a round. One was on slide release and I may have walked the slide a bit, but the other was during a string. I really think it's looking like a tired recoil spring. The brass was being tossed about 15 to 20 feet back to the right, which supports the tired recoil spring idea. I think I'll cut a full size spring today to give that a try.

That is one seriously sweet gun though. I regret not doing the RRK on it while I had it apart. The decocker CZs are not the easiest guns to assemble. It sure makes me appreciate the simplicity of the 1911 and says a lot about the Wizard's steadiness of hand. As I get older, I'm developing more of a shake than I've had and it really shows itself doing work like this. I'm only 53, so can only imagine what it will be like when I'm ancient like CM and our other retirees.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I did a quick range trip this morning with the 40P. Overall, it is really nice, but I still got two failures to chamber a round. One was on slide release and I may have walked the slide a bit, but the other was during a string. I really think it's looking like a tired recoil spring. The brass was being tossed about 15 to 20 feet back to the right, which supports the tired recoil spring idea. I think I'll cut a full size spring today to give that a try.

That is one seriously sweet gun though. I regret not doing the RRK on it while I had it apart. The decocker CZs are not the easiest guns to assemble. It sure makes me appreciate the simplicity of the 1911 and says a lot about the Wizard's steadiness of hand. As I get older, I'm developing more of a shake than I've had and it really shows itself doing work like this. I'm only 53, so can only imagine what it will be like when I'm ancient like CM and our other retirees.

Hey......I can hear you OK......:p

My hands do not shake but my vision and patience get tested on occasion.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I didn't get a chance to shoot the 40P as much as I would have liked yesterday, but I did have some issues with it after running around 75 rounds through it, I could feel a difference. Once I hit around 100 rounds, I could feel how slowly the slide was chambering each round. I never had a complete failure, where I had to tap the back of the slide, but there were a couple of times when I started to tap it, only to have it slide into battery before I could. Even tried using 165gr ammo, which was supposed to be better about not causing the problem. but it still had the slow into battery issue. I will say that 165gr is some hot stuff. Could tell a bit of a difference between it and the standard 180gr ammo.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I didn't get a chance to shoot the 40P as much as I would have liked yesterday, but I did have some issues with it after running around 75 rounds through it, I could feel a difference. Once I hit around 100 rounds, I could feel how slowly the slide was chambering each round. I never had a complete failure, where I had to tap the back of the slide, but there were a couple of times when I started to tap it, only to have it slide into battery before I could. Even tried using 165gr ammo, which was supposed to be better about not causing the problem. but it still had the slow into battery issue. I will say that 165gr is some hot stuff. Could tell a bit of a difference between it and the standard 180gr ammo.

Getting gummed up....????

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Getting gummed up....????

What I've read over in the CZ forums is that it tends to occur once the gun has "warmed up". Typically the first few mags never seem to have any issues and this is what I have noticed. After half dozen magazines or so, back to back, the issue starts to show up. I can feel a difference in the way the gun feels when it's starting to get to that point. I tested the old magazines I got with the gun, the new one I just got from Greg Cote and they all did the same thing once I got to ~100 rounds through it. This is typical of what I would see from the stock 40P that I sold 88 and consistent with what I'd read in the CZ forums. I've cleaned both guns prior to taking them to the range and experiencing the issue, though I'm fairly new to firearms so it's possible I'm missing something. I've been using the TW25B grease that Sig ships with their guns and have had no issues on other guns. I might try just using standard gun oil on the rails the next time I go to the range though, to see if there's any noticeable difference.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That's interesting. I was using a bit of Brian Enos's Slide Glide this morning but did not break the 50 round mark on this trip. I know that my Compact 75B seemed to be sensitive to what I put on the rails. When I tried FrogLube, it started to malfunction when the rails were gummy feeling. Maybe regular oil will reduce the drag a bit.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That's interesting. I was using a bit of Brian Enos's Slide Glide this morning but did not break the 50 round mark on this trip. I know that my Compact 75B seemed to be sensitive to what I put on the rails. When I tried FrogLube, it started to malfunction when the rails were gummy feeling. Maybe regular oil will reduce the drag a bit.

Certainly can't hurt to try. I'll clean it this week and take it with me again on Sunday. I have another 100 rounds of Blazer Brass 180gr and 50 rounds of Speer Lawman 165gr still to use.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    CZ75 Stainless Limited Edition, CZ P-01 OD Green - AR15.COM

93B8E589-64C2-4DC3-89C1-BC1D2B1D805B_zpsihbklr94.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I run an engine assembly lube on all of my guns in critical high stress areas like slides.
    Permatex Ultra slick. It is a red Moly based lube and it is the absolute best stuff I have used.....ever.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I started using it on your recommendation. Great stuff, CM!

It actually changes the way the slide acts. It feels and sounds different. Butter smooth.

I was looking for something beyond the tacticool Frog Lube Bravo Sierra offered up by so many different manf.
    I was sitting at my bench and saw the bottle of assembly lube that has been a mainstay in the mouse motor shop for years. I put some in a syringe that is for this viscosity liquids and applied it to the slide/frame contact points on a Stainless 1911 I was finishing up.....Holy mother. Been using is ever since.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks. :coffee:

I think my custom build just took a right turn in calibers.
    10mm might be the way.

Now that is an interesting turn. I had a chance to fondle AllenM's Fusion based custom compact 10mm 1911 this weekend and it's been on my mind ever since. For a completely custom gun, it would be hard to find a better subject.

Some day, one of these will make it's way home with me. Some day.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Couldn't figure out how to remove the Kel Tec...

CZ Pistols (3 item(s) in this category)

1 image(s)
    CZ 1911 A1 5" Blue .45ACP 01850 not Dan Wesson Listing ID: 954884148
    PRODUCT DESCRIPTION 2015 brings the launch of the first pistol made in the USA that bears the CZ name. The CZ 1911 A1 is an homage to the past, a 5” government sized model built as a modern incarnation of the original 1911 A1. That original was adopt...
    Seller: TechNetArmory [ WI ]Price: $749.99

1 image(s)
    CZ 85 Combat Adjustable Sights 9MM NEW 91210Listing ID: 924143041
    SKU 91210 MSRP $664.00 USD Ammunition Ammunition 9 mm LUGER Magazine Capacity 16 Dimensions Weight 2.210 lbs Overall Length 8.110 in Barrel Length 4.610 in Height 5.430 in Width 1.380 in Features Frame Steel Grip Plastic Tr...
    Seller: TechNetArmory [ WI ]Price: $599.99

3 image(s)
    CZ P-09 9mm Semi Auto Pistol **Used**Listing ID: 994499654
    CZ P-09 9mm semi auto pistol, full size steel frame, includes box and 2 magazines. This CZ is in like new condition. Used $350.00 Perry's Gun Shop is an owner operated family business with a long heritage of TOP QUALITY firearms and TOP QUALITY ...
    Seller: PERRYS GUN SHOP [ NC ]Price: $350.00
    Kel-Tec Pistols (1 item(s) in this category)

1 image(s)
    Kel-Tec PF9 PF-9 9mm 7+1 Black Poly Blue Kel TecListing ID: 955998274
    BRAND NEW IN THE BOX SIRIUS GUNS is a stocking dealer for Springfield Armory, Beretta, Kahr, Ruger, Smith & Wesson and Taurus. Kel-Tec PF9 PF-9 9mm 3" 7+1 Black Poly Grip Blue Finish The PF-9 is a semi-automatic locked breech pistol chambere...
    Seller: Sirius Guns [ NC ]Price: $259.00

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm really wanting to get another 1911. I know churchmouse doesn't like Sig Sauer 1911's, but I love my TacOps. There's a sale on a carry Scorpion that is very tempting (under $850 for a gun that sells for $100 - $200 more elsewhere). I'm trying my best to wait until BF, but not sure if I can hold out... :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom