Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    For $100 less, I'll stick with the Shield.....

Doesn't look much different to me. The trigger is still stupid heavy, so no real improvement over the Shield. And it's not backed by a big company with lots of aftermarket support as well. I see no reason to get one of these.

I'm not a fan of little plastic single stacks.

I'm with seedubs, there's no reason to go with this, in my mind, but further reviews may change my mind. For now I'm still loving my Shield. The only issue with it at all is capacity. Everything else about the Shield I am fine with.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    After my experience with the Walther CCP, I'm a little leery of new single stack 9mm's.
    Its a tough market to break into and there's a lot of competition. I hope it's a good one.
    This industry has enough junk.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    After my experience with the Walther CCP, I'm a little leery of new single stack 9mm's.
    Its a tough market to break into and there's a lot of competition. I hope it's a good one.

Good point. With so many choices in that market segment, it may be a while before strong aftermarket support appears. The sights look decent, but everybody has their own preference with sights. Might be a while before you see any alternatives there. Holsters are another thing that everybody has a different preference for, yet there will be little dedicated holster support until this catches on, if it ever does. IIRC, the Diamondbacks were the hot tickets somewhere around 2010 for .380s. They are still around, but never did become a major player in the market.

What would have been interesting would have been if this company sold the design to Colt and it were released as is, but with Colt rollmarks. The price would have gone up, but it would probably still sell better than it will as a new company entry. Plus, it would have given Colt something current to add to their catalog.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Good point. With so many choices in that market segment, it may be a while before strong aftermarket support appears. The sights look decent, but everybody has their own preference with sights. Might be a while before you see any alternatives there. Holsters are another thing that everybody has a different preference for, yet there will be little dedicated holster support until this catches on, if it ever does. IIRC, the Diamondbacks were the hot tickets somewhere around 2010 for .380s. They are still around, but never did become a major player in the market.

What would have been interesting would have been if this company sold the design to Colt and it were released as is, but with Colt rollmarks. The price would have gone up, but it would probably still sell better than it will as a new company entry. Plus, it would have given Colt something current to add to their catalog.

That probably would have upped the price by 50% ;). Actually, I didn't see what the MSRP is on this thing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Price was the draw back/failure of the Diamond back to catch on.
    Colts are highly over priced.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Price was the draw back/failure of the Diamond back to catch on.
    Colts are highly over priced.

True, but like Glocks, Colt has a fan base that would probably jump on this if they called it something like the 2015 Pocket Hammerless. I'm not suggesting that it would be a good deal, just that it might sell more if branded by a known name similar to how Springfield gave a better life to the XD series. Not many people have heard of Honor Guard, so there's some name recognition work they need to do before a lot of folks will shell out $450 for a pistol.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    True, but like Glocks, Colt has a fan base that would probably jump on this if they called it something like the 2015 Pocket Hammerless. I'm not suggesting that it would be a good deal, just that it might sell more if branded by a known name similar to how Springfield gave a better life to the XD series. Not many people have heard of Honor Guard, so there's some name recognition work they need to do before a lot of folks will shell out $450 for a pistol.

Good point.

I am in the never own another Colt group.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    But Colts are good because of its retained resale value. Whether you like them or not, others like them enough that the values stay good.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    When it comes to a revolver, I'd prefer to have a Smith & Wesson. As far as 1911s, I could think of several brands I would rather have.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

:+1:

That Walther CCP I had turned out to be a dud.
    However I just shot that same gun I sold to my cousin a few minutes ago. He had a gunsmith work on it. It is super sweet now. I like the size and how easy it is to rack the slide. Now with the trigger smooth as a babies butt, it is a nice carry gun.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Older pre lock, pre MIM parts are very sweet guns.

Just for discussion sake what makes a pre MIM gun better than a MIM gun?
    Other than political opinions and subjective looks what makes a pre- lock gun better or sweeter than a no lock gun?

Not trying to troll the CZ thread just curious where some of these opinions are based.

OK maybe I'm trolling a little bit:draw:

:D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Other than political opinions and subjective looks what makes a pre- lock gun better or sweeter than a no lock gun?

Not trying to troll the CZ thread just curious where some of these opinions are based.

The internal parts are forged steel not Molten Injected metal on the earlier guns.
    MIM is crap. If you are a casual shooter they will last a lifetime.
    If you run your guns MIM sucks.
    If you want a sweet trigger MIM sucks.

I have bags full of new to near new MIM ignition controls. They get dumped and new forged pieces fit right away on any 1911 I buy.
    I have a Springer RO Champion coming today. The parts were ordered 2 days ago. I will not go to shoot the gun before the parts are R&R

There are many many folks that are OK with how their guns run/feel with the factory MIM crap in them. They go bang when the trigger is pulled and make the owners smile. Until they run a Hot-Rodded piece....:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Oh yeah.....even trolls are welcome long as the questions/comments are good.....:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom