88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Good morning! :coffee:

Sunday I'm heading to Point Blank in Carmel and the Greenwood location soft opens next week, so I'll be going Monday, or some day through the week to check it out :)

I don't think I can do the Sunday trip, but let me know when you head out for the Greenwood location next week. If possible, I'd like to tag along.

You might need to put in for a government grant?

It's more interesting to me than how Monarch butterflies reproduce. :dunno:

If you and Losey keep teaching the rest of us what a tuned gun feels like, maybe they'll give you a grant for rehabilitating older folks that spent years confined to a cubicle. Or, even better would be to explore the blood pressure lowering effects of gun powder therapy. I'm convinced that a prescription for 500 rounds of ammo would be both cheaper and more effective at lowering blood pressure than the meds normally prescribed.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If you and Losey keep teaching the rest of us what a tuned gun feels like, maybe they'll give you a grant for rehabilitating older folks that spent years confined to a cubicle. Or, even better would be to explore the blood pressure lowering effects of gun powder therapy. I'm convinced that a prescription for 500 rounds of ammo would be both cheaper and more effective at lowering blood pressure than the meds normally prescribed.

I think it is much more likely that we will end up in a re-education camp.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just did the rough math on my initial parts list.......It is well in the TRP range.

Maybe that Grant application is on my desk here.....some where.....:)

I have earmarked some funds from the sale of my Camaro for these things. I must strike quickly before "Life" figures out I have some reserves and strikes.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Here's the study we need to apply for a grant to fund: Study the impact on blood pressure by shooting regularly. There would be something like 10 initial cases studied. (I think there are about 10 of us here) Each of the subjects would recieve a blood pressure measuring device and one case of ammo each month. We would check our blood pressure, shoot, then check it again. We would do that for a year to see what the cumulative effect on our blood pressure was. The only down side is that we'd need a test group that did not do any shooting. Maybe we could enlist the MDA folks for that part. Every time we shoot, they would get into a tizzy and their blood pressure would go up while ours went down. The end result would be that doctors would come to realize that shooting is the best medicine for stress relief and lowering blood pressure.

Oh, wait. The end result could be that bullets would move from the sporting goods section to the pharmacy section of a store and would go from $15 per box of 50 to $500 per box of 50, issued by prescription.

Never mind...

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I just did the rough math on my initial parts list.......It is well in the TRP range.

I have earmarked some funds from the sale of my Camaro for these things. I must strike quickly before "Life" figures out I have some reserves and strikes.

Yep, life likes to strike once she hears you have extra money. The *****.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

"Life" has a way of doing that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Here's the study we need to apply for a grant to fund: Study the impact on blood pressure by shooting regularly. There would be something like 10 initial cases studied. (I think there are about 10 of us here) Each of the subjects would recieve a blood pressure measuring device and one case of ammo each month. We would check our blood pressure, shoot, then check it again. We would do that for a year to see what the cumulative effect on our blood pressure was. The only down side is that we'd need a test group that did not do any shooting. Maybe we could enlist the MDA folks for that part. Every time we shoot, they would get into a tizzy and their blood pressure would go up while ours went down. The end result would be that doctors would come to realize that shooting is the best medicine for stress relief and lowering blood pressure.

Oh, wait. The end result could be that bullets would move from the sporting goods section to the pharmacy section of a store and would go from $15 per box of 50 to $500 per box of 50, issued by prescription.

Never mind...

Good thinking right up to that Pharmacy thing.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Never mind...

Yeah and a decade later some piece of crap company (the last ammo manufacturer left) would start charging $750 a bullet. No thanks!

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    It's only in the TRP range for Allen to do a full custom build? I assume you mean just the raw parts prior to the work.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Although I am somewhat disappointed that you veered away from the CZ 1911, I am looking forward to the custom build.

I really thought about it. It is still high on my list to do. The initial buy in is still to high for a Mil-Spec in my humble opinion. With time it might get into and acceptable range for me. They are about $200 north of what I would pay for a MilSpec just to keep the chassis. Considering the parts costs I am actually being Frugal.....and that is ****ing scary.
    I have been mulling over the custom thing since I did the steel gun. It will be a bench mark for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom