Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'll ask this with fear of being shunned and banhammered, what is the general consensus on the Canik CZ "clones"?

I've owned several CZ clones (Tanfoglio, EAA and Sarsilmaz) and they are pretty well done. The Sarsilmaz built Armalite was really well done and built like a tank. All respond well to internal polishing, but a lot of the clones don't have the aftermarket support of the actual CZs. Once you have sampled a Cajunized CZ, the clones come away feeling like they come up short.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'll ask this with fear of being shunned and banhammered, what is the general consensus on the Canik CZ "clones"?
    We tend to have guns and trade them around with our friends. It is a very unusual week when at least one gun is not changing hands within this little group. Someone is always acquiring something and someone is always selling or trading something. The thing about the Canik is that the used market sucks. No one wants to give you half what you have in it.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    We tend to have guns and trade them around with our friends. It is a very unusual week when at least one gun is not changing hands within this little group. Someone is always acquiring something and someone is always selling or trading something. The thing about the Canik is that the used market sucks. No one wants to give you half what you have in it.
    Someday, I'll be in your little group..................someday.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Mmmmm.....I've been drooling over a Larue bipod for the SPR. They're Harris bipeds with all of the mods needed (pica tiny rail mount, big tilt knob, etc... already done. Very awesome piece of equipment.

As for optics mounts, I'll probably get another Primary Arms deluxe mount. I love the one I have. If you don't need QD, it's awesome. If you need QD, it's about $100 extra for one that actually works.

Looking at BiPods and optic mounts. Toys toys toys

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I wish they would expand on the 97 platform. I'd really like to see a compact. Maybe commander sized slide.

How cool would that be. Especially if they produced both the full size and commander in 10mm. Even better would be either of those in stainless. Imagine a CZ 97B with 16 rounds of 10mm on tap. That would be one sweet pistol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Trencher
    Top Bottom