Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    For dollars spent how would you rank the CZ 1911 to others in that 800.00 range?psyko Compared say to the Springfield Loaded etc.

Remember that the CZ is a MilSpec piece. Nothing fancy on it in the way of 1911 toys.
    The 2 I have been lucky enough to handle (shot 1) were fit up very nicely. Near or above SA's loaded. I refer to frame slide and over all fit up.
    Thing is, I am no fan of the MilSpec. I need the upgrades. In that vane I prefer finding a nicely fit up (frame to slide) older MilSpec and doing my thing to it.
    That said.....after the last one I did this mind set may change. I am still struggling with that old turd. It is now a damned handsome piece but it will not run.
    To have started with something like the CZ might have been advantageous over all.
    I just hate to drop $800 on a MilSpec and dump everything but the slide/Frame.
    Well.....I have done this with a TRP so the logic here is not sound.
    I am just freaking crazy I guess.

Yes, The CZ is a nicely built 1911 but the trigger sucks horribly. I think 88 has worked his a bit.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I don't know, I kind of like the old mil-spec look. I like the straight slide serrations but do usually swap out the thumb safety for a larger one. On occasion, I'm cut the frame to fit a beavertail grip safety but can live with the mil-spec grip safety. The CZ is a good gun for the money if you are into the mil-spec look. The trigger does respond well to a bit of polishing. I think it comes with a true radius sear, which feels odd to me. The guns have no MIM inside and are all tool steel and with a couple of hours of polishing work, the trigger works much better using only the standard parts.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't know, I kind of like the old mil-spec look. I like the straight slide serrations but do usually swap out the thumb safety for a larger one. On occasion, I'm cut the frame to fit a beavertail grip safety but can live with the mil-spec grip safety. The CZ is a good gun for the money if you are into the mil-spec look. The trigger does respond well to a bit of polishing. I think it comes with a true radius sear, which feels odd to me. The guns have no MIM inside and are all tool steel and with a couple of hours of polishing work, the trigger works much better using only the standard parts.

That is a plus on the good internals. Saves $160 on up-grades. That is close to the cost difference over a Springer MS

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I don't make my mind up often..

but when I do, I choose my Springer Loaded Stainless when it comes to a 1911.

Yes it has MIM parts and no I don't care. Yes it could be hot-rodded, but I love it just the way it is. Other than night sights and the MSH "lock" replacement, it has remained unchanged since I got it. I would be more than happy to have it for a lifetime.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Sometime this coming year I will have either a CZ 1911 or, if I get weak, a VBOB.

I am considering reenlisting this coming year. If I do and they have a bonus, I'm going to thank myself with a DW Valor. I still don't own a 1911, and I think I want to do it right the first time. Plus, I think that is a gorgeous pistol. A model of the beauty of simplicity. Am I missing a better option in that price range?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I am considering reenlisting this coming year. If I do and they have a bonus, I'm going to thank myself with a DW Valor. I still don't own a 1911, and I think I want to do it right the first time. Plus, I think that is a gorgeous pistol. A model of the beauty of simplicity. Am I missing a better option in that price range?

I would consider reenlisting, if they would let me. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

No.....not for what you are wanting.
    The Valor is hands down a most handsome 1911 in it's over all simplicity.........I love the look.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    No.....not for what you are wanting.
    The Valor is hands down a most handsome 1911 in it's over all simplicity.........I love the look.

I know they aren't a Bunker or Nighthawk, but from what I gather, the internal quality is commiserate with the price as well. Cundiff seems to think DW are GTG. But I suppose one could pump out a TRP or something and wind up with a nicer pistol???

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know they aren't a Bunker or Nighthawk, but from what I gather, the internal quality is commiserate with the price as well. Cundiff seems to think DW are GTG. But I suppose one could pump out a TRP or something and wind up with a nicer pistol???

That is what I did My remaining TRP is just stellar and I will run it up against about anything. Not up to the looks of a Valor or Wilson but man it runs so very well.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I still drool over the VBobs. I know it is probably better to upgrade the CZ 1911. Would end up better for slightly less money.

But I like the idea of how well you can conceal a full size pistol like the VBOB. I like the straight look a little better, personally, but a lot of people like the way the bob looks better. So nice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom