Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I remember Kut b***hing about the pruitt clown spending $1500 for pens but yet not one word about the pelosi clown spending $5000. That is over three times as much, should be worth at least three b****hes.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I remember Kut b***hing about the pruitt clown spending $1500 for pens but yet not one word about the pelosi clown spending $5000. That is over three times as much, should be worth at least three b****hes.

I remember you having an affinity for war criminals.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I remember you having an affinity for war criminals.

I remember you trying to convince us that the problem in hurricane Maria aid to Puerto Rico was all about Trump and stories of irregularities in how the aid was distributed and claims of bias by PR elected officials, even at the expense of their constituents, were just not credible. After what was found in that warehouse in Ponce, have you had occasion to question the accuracy of your beliefs?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I remember you trying to convince us that the problem in hurricane Maria aid to Puerto Rico was all about Trump and stories of irregularities in how the aid was distributed and claims of bias by PR elected officials, even at the expense of their constituents, were just not credible. After what was found in that warehouse in Ponce, have you had occasion to question the accuracy of your beliefs?

Wait, you may want to write this down.... because after this most recent revelation... I can say with no reservations, I was wrong to assign blame to the president. See, it ain't that hard to do. :dunno:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Wait, you may want to write this down.... because after this most recent revelation... I can say with no reservations, I was wrong to assign blame to the president. See, it ain't that hard to do. :dunno:

Might be time for a bit of introspection: why so quick to blame in the first place before the facts were in?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Joe Biden joins the ranks of dumb Republicans and NRA leaders that blame video games for violence.

Joe Biden says video games teach players how to kill

So, are you saying that simulation has no real world value as training?

And if not, what are first person shooter games simulating? If the quote in the link is accurate, he's not saying the games cause the violence, it just hones the skillset

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So, are you saying that simulation has no real world value as training?

And if not, what are first person shooter games simulating? If the quote in the link is accurate, he's not saying the games cause the violence, it just hones the skillset

This post sent me down the rabbithole. You don't have to let your contrarian feelings make you defend Joe Biden.

But then... I tried finding the name of that guy around here that would start every post with "So, you're saying..." or some variant of it... implying people were saying things they hadn't said...

Couldn't remember his name. Did a search... only to find INGO says that a lot... and you might be the highest post count!

Nothing wrong with that, but starting to wonder if it's a key-phrase for contrarian argument-starting...

Anyway. That link was the first one I saw (via Twitter!). A much better version of the story came later:

Joe Biden calls game developers "little creeps" who make titles that "teach you how to kill"

When asked about Silicon Valley’s expansion of power during his time in the Obama administration, Biden said: “And you may recall, the criticism I got for meeting with the leaders in Silicon Valley, when I was trying to work out an agreement dealing with them protecting intellectual property for artists in the United States of America. And at one point, one of the little creeps sitting around that table, who was a multi- — close to a billionaire — who told me he was an artist because he was able to come up with games to teach you how to kill people.”

So... no, I'm not saying that. I'm just pointing at Joe Biden trying to link playing video games with people killing people.

If you want to find small, specific examples of simulation programs used in training... you'll find some. I'm posting this knowing Biden has said things in the past against "violent video games".

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This post sent me down the rabbithole. You don't have to let your contrarian feelings make you defend Joe Biden.

But then... I tried finding the name of that guy around here that would start every post with "So, you're saying..." or some variant of it... implying people were saying things they hadn't said...

Couldn't remember his name. Did a search... only to find INGO says that a lot... and you might be the highest post count!

Nothing wrong with that, but starting to wonder if it's a key-phrase for contrarian argument-starting...

Anyway. That link was the first one I saw (via Twitter!). A much better version of the story came later:

Joe Biden calls game developers "little creeps" who make titles that "teach you how to kill"

So... no, I'm not saying that. I'm just pointing at Joe Biden trying to link playing video games with people killing people.

If you want to find small, specific examples of simulation programs used in training... you'll find some. I'm posting this knowing Biden has said things in the past against "violent video games".

Was it Dddreese?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Grand Theft Auto taught me how to take a rocket launcher, go to a rooftop, and hold off an entire police force, the feds, and an army base, all by myself.

It taught me no matter what crime I commit I can use a cheat code and I will no longer be wanted. And if I’m ever shot hookers will refill your health

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I watched a documentary once where your performance on a video game predicted how well you would do in the military. If you made high score you got drafted!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom